Cross

Home Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Cross

This topic contains 23 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by sundayamqb sundayamqb 3 days, 20 hours ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

hawktalker
    Participant

Agreed NJ Lehigh, the team we’ve seen in brown and white the last two weeks is the team we expected to see all season. Why that team wasn’t there the first five weeks is a mystery.

The resurgence of Bragalone and Mish and a more aggressive defense has turned this season around. This despite a wave of injuries at WR, TE, and DB.

Now, beat Lafayette and see what’she next

marco
    marco
    Participant

I thought the recipe used the past two weeks was just what LU needed to follow all season. Hold teams to 3 -4 TDs and allow the offense to do its thing and wins will follow.

Glad to see the unlimited yardage and ridiculously easy first downs and killer long scoring plays were eliminated recently.

The Lehigh, Lafayette match up is intriguing simply because a dynamic offense faces a stingy defense. It is strength against strength.

It’s also weakness v. weakness as well. Will we allow a team that cannot run the ball to run the ball?

Lehigh 31, Lafayette 17.

marco
    marco
    Participant

I’d also like to say that Dominick Bragalone reminds me much of Jack Rizzo. Tough, surprisingly fast, just a terrific player. We’re lucky to have him. On the way to become LUs all time leading rusher!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Good example marco. Jack a bit faster and Dom bigger and more powerful but the same ability to carry a team on his back. Jack , of course, had Don Diorio in the backfield with him. Not a bad RB in his own right.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

I don’t know if anyone has this info, but what were/are the 40-speeds of Rizzo, Abdullah and Brags? They’re arguably the three best, year-for-year (and Rizzo played only three years I think, no freshmen back then).

Rizzo seemed faster than Brags, but that was almost 40+ years ago. I’ve got to think game speed has increased significantly.

Brags is reminiscent of Rizzo, though!

I could go with Marco’s 31-17. Better weather than thus far predicted would make it 38-17 LU.

We can’t have big mistakes on O or special teams or all guesses are off …

• This reply was modified 5 days, 23 hours ago by sundayamqb sundayamqb.
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Spotty showers for game. Temp in mid 50s light wind.
    Jack had a 9.7/100. Yards not meters. Brags top time was 4.37/40. He is 15-20 lbs heavier now so perhaps a bit slower. Top end speed Jack a bit faster I think. Rabih was not anywhere near either for flat out speed. My guess is he was a mid 4.6s runner. That is fast
    For 20 yds Jean was probably just as fast as any. At about 30 yds you could see him start to cramp up.

marco
    marco
    Participant

Taylor

Nice to go into late season games, with the potential of foul weather, with a solid run game. More importantly though, when all is well, LUs offensive balance is what separates it from the rest of the PL. You may bottle up the run game and you may try to double cover a WR, but that leaves someone else open.

As someone mentioned, this will ultimately be a disappointing season for what might have been.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Having had the “pleasure” of being a DB at Lehigh when Jack Rizzo was in the backfield, I am pretty sure Jack was quicker than Brags, and a bit faster, but not by much. Tackling Rizzo was painful….bad memories…

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

ngineer:

Just imagine trying to tackle Brags! Roster shows him at 230 (!) vs. Rizzo’s 195.

It’s no wonder Brags is third in FCS rushing.

Anyone know if we’ve ever had a running back so high in the national rankings?

And we have a QB ranked fifth in passing.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Bonds That Tie The Lehigh Family Are Strong, May They Never Be Broken