Lehigh football update

Home Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Lehigh football update

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

GAME ON
    Participant

Being new to Lehigh football was hoping somebody could fill me in on our teams strengths and weaknesses coming up. Basically, what to expect from the team…Thanks

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Glib quickie. We will score boatloads of points. Will we stop anybody is an open issue.
    On O we return all except an Olineman and a TE. WE look to have the best O in PL among a lot of very good units. Led by Shafniskey at QB and Bragalone at RB and the best WR corps Lehigh has had in a while.
    D returns a lot of starters and lettermen on Dvhas been pretty awful over the last 3 years. Part of last year’s issues was shifting to a brand new scheme and a lot of injuries at DB and LB. Talent and pretty good depth are there. Execution and communication ? We’ll see. The one positive sign was that unit showed extended periods of very good play. Amid a sea of atrocious play. I am optimistic for next year. All we need is a mediocre D and we’ll do very well.
    Of course,to be honest I’ve been optimistic the last few years and been totally wrong. A little spin, our 2 PL Ls were clise shootouts to the 2 playoff teams. Best O and worst D got us a winning record and 5 yds short of PL title.

GAME ON
    Participant

sometimes when the offense scores so much it places a lot of pressure on the defense making them look bad. i hate losing high scoring games. its nice to know that there is a lot of talent on defense…it gives hope…

GAME ON
    Participant

thanks for the update

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

OK. Opinion , inexperience in system,playing numbers of not yet ready underclassmen and a deep lack of confidence were major factors.
    All fivable.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Bonds That Tie The Lehigh Family Are Strong, May They Never Be Broken