November 17, 2017 at 1:40 am #32942
#Rivalry153 Game Preview: The Great – Yet Terrifying – Bowl Game To End the 2017 Regular SeasonNovember 17, 2017 at 5:39 am #32946
My dad and I (our spouses were long gone to warm up at The Goose) were there at the end of that cold game. Not sure I could feel my feet, but …
Coldest time I’ve ever been exposed to for that long. Second-coldest day I remember — a windy one north of Chicago walking on ice-filled sidewalks.November 17, 2017 at 5:10 pm #32948
#Rivalry153 Game Breakdown and Fearless Prediction: Leopards’ Veteran D Will Be Tough To CrackNovember 17, 2017 at 8:14 pm #32951
Team in Brown and White. White helmets.November 17, 2017 at 10:49 pm #32954
#Rivalry153 Lehigh Football Senior SpotlightNovember 18, 2017 at 10:07 pm #32960
Wooooooooooo!!!!!November 18, 2017 at 10:10 pm #32961
Still shaking. We showed up in 2nd. O and D were superb. Remarkable given our 1st half yips.
Sterrett said it best. Kids learned how to win.November 18, 2017 at 10:30 pm #32964
That was a heckuva comeback. I heard the radio guys say it was like season as a whole.First half was like the 0-5 start. Second half was like league play. .
At halftime, I was thinking it’s over. Lafayette’s only second half score is the kick return. How do they turn it off and on like that?November 18, 2017 at 10:33 pm #32965
Got me but we held them to 24 yds in the 2nd half. Gonna relish this title.November 18, 2017 at 11:36 pm #32966
it was served up on a platter first half with the fumbles, no fumbles and it would be a blow outNovember 19, 2017 at 2:38 am #32967
Didn’t Lafayette do the same thing a few years ago. They went 0-5 in OOC games and then 5-1 in the PL to win the title?November 19, 2017 at 2:41 am #32968
Yes wevare following in their illutrious footsteps. :)
Regardless of the incoming mockery I will not begrudge winning the title.November 19, 2017 at 6:56 pm #32977
Take away the fumbles and penalties and this is a rout.
The defense actually played well, the second half especially.
Game was a microcosm of the season, a Jekyl and Hyde type of year!
Please put forth a stellar effort in the playoffs!November 20, 2017 at 10:19 pm #32987
Down by Double Digits, Halftime Speech Sparks Lehigh’s #Rivalry153 Rally As Lehigh Wins 38-31November 21, 2017 at 6:38 am #33001
Funny, a few of you mentioned the last game at Taylor and the weather conditions. Lots more people stayed until the end this year, but many never made it in due to the conditions.
A few game comments/questions …
1) There have been some great LU-LAF passes over the years. That winning one from Mayes to Casey was the best, most important pass-catch combo in recent memory. It was an absolute thing of beauty. A Holy Shit moment to me.
Anyone else think this ranks as one of the top pass-catches in LU-LAF history, if not LU history?
2) Anyone else think this game ranks as one of the tops among 153? Combine the weather, the turnovers and the sheer second-half dominance of LU on both sides of the ball and what the win means.
3) The D was good, but keep in mind LC has an utterly awful offense. From the Morning Call’s Paul Reinhard:
“Lafayette, which rushed for only 243 yards all year before Saturday, got 187, including 95 by wide receiver Nick Pearson.”
An most of those were in the first half.
Expect a shootout this weekend.
4) The OL and Brags continued to blow out opponents in second half. Mayes threw some balls up for grabs, but our guys did well to pick many of them up. He made some awesome (yet dangerous) passes across a long field. #gunslinger. Slants were awesome!
5) What can we say about special teams? Perhaps our best kickoff (slight exaggeration) of the day was when Mish kicked it out of bounds and Lafayette got it at the 35. Coverage/return issues. Mish was awesome with his punts and scoring on Saturday.
I’m optimistic about Stony Brook. Limit mistakes and make a few stops. Earn a trip to James Madison. Just an opportunity to beat them would be amazing.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.