Bucknell

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
RichH

Re: Bucknell

Post by RichH » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:55 pm

Sundayamqb wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:50 pm
RichH wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:05 pm Tyler a concussion and Addison a likely broken hand. No surprise given how many times they were hit.
I don't know how the hit on Monaco that knocked him out of the game -- after he handed off -- was not a personal foul.
PL refs.

ngineer

Post by ngineer » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:50 pm

I actually made the trip and had to listen to Christmas carols all the way home to calm me down. There were a bunch of personal fouls on Bucknell today, and some not called, like the hit on Monaco. Very poor refs. But, they had no role in our horrendous play. I understand we are down some OL players and some frosh got baptized, but, man, move the pocket or roll out. The Summerville can run and has great arm. I would have given him a shot...why have him there? What became of our great pass rush/blitzing that was so instrumental in our wins over Fordham and Georgetown? Nothing in the first half. A little later in the second half, but the die seemed to be cast by then. Not having Hill also hamstrung the offense. He is a difference maker in the ground game. I hope he can at least return for Laughyette. We will need him. After what we saw as progress the last month, seemed to be like a drug relapse today. Saw Gilmore really getting into the face of some players...I wonder how they will react to that? Today's athletes don't seem to react well to the 'old school' tongue lashings we would get all the time 'back in the day'.

SHU could be real ugly if our heads aren't screwed on. They beat Wagner, today, 41-7, and beat Bucky two months ago, 30-10 and Laughyette 56-40, and St. Francis 36-33. obviously have put a lot of numbers up on teams we could not. Defense will have to find a way to keep it close, 'cause we certainly don't have the offense to put those kind of numbers up. The roster is real thin with these concussion injuries the past couple weeks.
LUFAN

Post by LUFAN » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:30 am

Embarrassing performance for sure, but the letdown is more a product of folks on this forum thinking the teams was something that it wasn’t, after a few PL wins.

Somerville? Drop the freshman into a game where QBs were getting hit like ping pong balls? Oh...but he can run?? Who says he can run...doesn’t do so on HS film. Senseless comments. Beesmer moved the ball down the field and got it back to 20-10 with only TD drive... he also took off an ran a few times and showed some arm strength.

Defense did enough to keep Lehigh in the game from what I could see. Offense is stale right now. Play calling can change with Shoup or Beesmer to make O less one-dimensional.

Rich H said it best...this team could easily be 2–7 if not for some fortunate breaks. I understand you are all big fans of the program, but man there are some comments on here that are just downright illogical.
Last edited by LUFAN on Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
LUFAN

Post by LUFAN » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:32 am

ngineer wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:50 pm I actually made the trip and had to listen to Christmas carols all the way home to calm me down. There were a bunch of personal fouls on Bucknell today, and some not called, like the hit on Monaco. Very poor refs. But, they had no role in our horrendous play. I understand we are down some OL players and some frosh got baptized, but, man, move the pocket or roll out. The Summerville can run and has great arm. I would have given him a shot...why have him there? What became of our great pass rush/blitzing that was so instrumental in our wins over Fordham and Georgetown? Nothing in the first half. A little later in the second half, but the die seemed to be cast by then. Not having Hill also hamstrung the offense. He is a difference maker in the ground game. I hope he can at least return for Laughyette. We will need him. After what we saw as progress the last month, seemed to be like a drug relapse today. Saw Gilmore really getting into the face of some players...I wonder how they will react to that? Today's athletes don't seem to react well to the 'old school' tongue lashings we would get all the time 'back in the day'.

SHU could be real ugly if our heads aren't screwed on. They beat Wagner, today, 41-7, and beat Bucky two months ago, 30-10 and Laughyette 56-40, and St. Francis 36-33. obviously have put a lot of numbers up on teams we could not. Defense will have to find a way to keep it close, 'cause we certainly don't have the offense to put those kind of numbers up. The roster is real thin with these concussion injuries the past couple weeks.
Last edited by LUFAN on Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
LUFAN

Post by LUFAN » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:54 am

Sundayamqb wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:50 pm
RichH wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:05 pm Tyler a concussion and Addison a likely broken hand. No surprise given how many times they were hit.
I don't know how the hit on Monaco that knocked him out of the game -- after he handed off -- was not a personal foul.
Terrible hit and awful to see head injuries. That being said, it was a clean hit. If QB “rides” RB with a pull look he is fair game. Could LB have pulled up? Yes...but not a penalty.
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:19 am

Yes offense was horrible. Who would have thought we would lose this game while holding Bucky to 20 points

But bison 2 second half scores came after interference calls on passes so far out of bounds Harold Charmichael could not have caught them
datruph

Post by datruph » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:47 am

transfer portal should be loaded soon with defectors.
datruph

Post by datruph » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:49 am

TG old school. 18-22 year olds cannot relate.
RichH

Post by RichH » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:58 am

Yeah refs were terrible. But so was our O. But our own mistakes and a porous OL got us this L.
Nigel is going to be a factor for us. Not yet. He has gotten zero reps thus year. TM then Shoup and Beesmer split 2nd team reps.
Given injury report likely Alec and Nigel will get the reps this week.
Team seems to have suffered some backsliding on O and plateaued on D. Injuries certainly play a big part.
Going forward we face 2 teams on the upswing. The team we saw yesterday cannot beat either of them.
Lets hope Passarelli and Stewart can get out of the concussion protocol. Hill also but truthfully another RB wont help without an OL.
Beesmer has some upside. He can run and has a much better arm. An open question whether he can quarterback. Gotta hope he can.
RichH

Post by RichH » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:04 am

datruph wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:49 am TG old school. 18-22 year olds cannot relate.
Perhaps so. He has brought discipline to this team. IMO he should show some himself on the sidelines. I get the intensity and fire but I dont see the benefit of him overcoaching his assts. No problem with him cheering and venting. If he has coaching points, tell the relevant asst and have that position coach do it.