Holzman and Syslo

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
RichH

Holzman and Syslo

Post by RichH » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:50 pm

Both these young men signed today per LU football.
It wpuld appear that neither are WOs.

van

Re: Holzman and Syslo

Post by van » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:58 pm

5th year guys not coming back?, Portal guys leaving?
TMH

Post by TMH » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:48 pm

I wonder if they are partials. It seems odd that we would give a scholarship to an athlete who seems not to have gotten any other offers from Div 1 schools except for PWO. LB though is a position of need I would think
RichH

Post by RichH » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:22 am

TMH wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:48 pm I wonder if they are partials. It seems odd that we would give a scholarship to an athlete who seems not to have gotten any other offers from Div 1 schools except for PWO. LB though is a position of need I would think
Agree. The situation does appear unusual. Both are wgt room fanatics and solid players. Syslo is a road grader at OG. He played in one of the very toughest HS leagues. No clue as to Holzman's conference but his video is quite good. Nevertheless the lack of offers is a factor. Both are high academic young men.Perhaps the team AI avg is an issue.
Another factor to consider is the truly odd recruiting landscape this year. It may well be there are more under recruited gems given the limited scope of personal contact recruiting. Dunno.