COLGATE GAME POSTPONED

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
RichH

Re: COLGATE GAME POSTPONED

Post by RichH » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:02 am

I do agree that any focus on a Title and playoff games is inane at best. That does not mean the games themselves are meaningless. This team is composed mostly of underclass players. The biggest advantage Holy Cross had was experience not talent. Practice is essential but it does not equate to game experience. These 2 games will give the younger players that opportunity. Note that TG rotated numerous fr/so kids into the game.
Injuries are certainly possible. But that alone provides little reason not to play the games. The fact is more injuries occur at practices than during games.To be fair, there are many more practices than games. The point is injuries happen during both.

LUopa

Re: COLGATE GAME POSTPONED

Post by LUopa » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:30 am

Rich- I agree. The games are critical to personnel evaluations. Because of COVID, we now have 5 classes of kids with 4 classes worth of scholarships. Some of the super seniors will stick around (Pete the stud LB) others will not. This is a challenge all teams in all sports at all levels are facing regardless of the scholarship pool. With our youth, I believe the spring games are meaningful. I wouldn't tell the kids that the 3 April game in Easton isn't worth playing!