Chuck’s Lehigh Football Fan Dream Journal for the Next Four Years

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
News
Site Admin

Post by News » Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:40 pm

As the biggest Lehigh fan you know, what would I want my son to experience over the next four years? I developed a list of “fan asks” to say exactly what I think would be an excellent way for my son, and indeed anyone in and around the Lehigh football program, to experience.
Read more:
https://www.college-sports-journal.com/ ... our-years/

RichH

Re: Chuck’s Lehigh Football Fan Dream Journal for the Next Four Years

Post by RichH » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:41 am

All are possible. They would make some nice memories for students and fans. A battle of the bands Home and Home would add some much needed zest to our schedules. Thought Joe's plan was for every class to have have and FBS game. Bo doubt covid and Andy's health screwed up that pan. Rumor mill has Army coming up. We'll see.
UDrelevant fir older alums but not much for students.
We have talent. Can this staff get them ready? Guardedly optimistic . Not much depth but we avoid a place of injuries and Hunt fields an O that can score,a winning record could ours.

LIGHTS. LIGHTS. Long past due. For an early season game.it would goose up Attendance. LU has been avoiding permanent lights due to cost. So rent for one game as a test case. That cost is not prohibitie. I do recall that an alum offered to pay for the rental

For me, a revival of AirLehigh would be the best for all of us. Win or Lose those games were exciting. LU Usually in every game as fans knew we would score.
Lehigh74

Post by Lehigh74 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:10 pm

I personally don’t like the 12:00 pm start time. Installing lights would also allow the start time, for day games, to return to 1:00 pm.
Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:38 pm

Nice piece, Chuck, and congrats on your son!

With your luck, he will be on the six-year plan (on the master's track, of course) and he'll be able to experience even more cool stuff (and so will you, as a dad, not a media person). I love the HBCU idea (and the food truck idea mentioned in the comments).

In all seriousness, I hope you and your son have a fruitful four years, spending lots of time together. Those moments will be priceless. Best of luck!
Go Lehigh TU Owl

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:21 pm

I very much second the sentiments of Chuck's piece. Lights are long overdue! Lights would help to regain local engagement at Goodman. Make the early season home games a local Saturday EVENING event complete with a beer garden and perhaps a post game 7:30 or 8 PM concert.

Fundamentally, get a fun, successful team back on the field. It truly benefits all involved! No one wants to be affiliated with failure....
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:51 pm

Lights.

Sooner or later a lightening delay will be too long.
RichH

Post by RichH » Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:40 pm

Richb-3 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:51 pm Lights.

Sooner or later a lightening delay will be too long.
+1
LUEngineer

Post by LUEngineer » Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:54 am

Chuck article is great. I put the light issue last on his list but believe the idea of 1 FBS game per year should become thd top priority with the assumption that Cahill will get us back to a competitive program.

The Army & Navy games are natural fits with the Patriot League & EIWA affiliation in every other Lehigh sport.

When we get competitive would live to see Rutgers back as an old alum that remembers that rivalry along with the one with Delaware.

I like Villanova every year & would love to see them added to the league if the Patriot League ever gets its act together that was supposed to happen after scholarships were added.

Thanks Chuck for reinvigorating my hope for a return to good times at Goodman again.