The Official "Who Will Be The Next Lehigh Head Coach?" Thread

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
lfnadmin

The Official "Who Will Be The Next Lehigh Head Coach?" Thread

Post by lfnadmin » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:32 pm

Thought it might be a good idea to open this up today. I will have an extensive post up later tonight detailing the possibilities.

RichH

Re: The Official "Who Will Be The Next Lehigh Head Coach?" Thread

Post by RichH » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:08 pm

So another Tim Cramsey option. :D
Hope for a lively but short lived thread. That's up to Joe.
RichH

Post by RichH » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:34 am

Perhaps a prze for winning such as a free lifetime membership in the forum. :D :roll:

Some names from a quick search.
Folmar Cecchini Rossomando Trisciani Cramsey
valleypatriot

Post by valleypatriot » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:33 pm

RichH wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:34 am Some names from a quick search.
Folmar Cecchini Rossomando Trisciani Cramsey
These are all fairly reasonable choices.

I would have to say Cramsey and Rossomando are content with whey're they're at. Both schools are on the come up.
Regarding the Elon coordinators, they finished with a mediocre 6-5 season, with neither sides of the ball pulling off anything exiting.
With Cecchini, it gets more interesting. Valparaiso University finished 2-9 this year. This looks abysmal at first, but looking at their past seasons he got them their first positive one in a long time last year. As someone said in another thread, the conference that they're in is a non-scholarship, and there's only so much you can do with that. Combined with how well he did when he was the OC here, I certainly wouldn't protest him coming here again.
jimk72

Post by jimk72 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:47 pm

Let's find the next Joe Moorhead. 37 when he was hired by Fordham with extensive coaching experience at low level FBS. Four stops before the Rams, so exposed to lots of styles and organizational ideas. Its a real opportunity for a fresh start for us and a great place for someone to start a head coaching career. From a tradition standpoint we have a lot to offer the right candidate. My one question is: will we be competitive $$$ for this type of talent?
according to our listing at the NCAA we will be....

https://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs/117679 ... h-football
News
Site Admin

Post by News » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:15 pm

JimLU81

Post by JimLU81 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:23 pm

This is exactly what I am talking about. I have met Dave Cecchini several times. I like Dave Cecchini. But we are going to overlook his record but not the Coordinators at Elon? Yes the Pioneer is non-scholarship the whole league is. So why would one school have an adavantage over the other? I we are going to say that we should overlook DC’s record because they are more competitive in games than they were before, why would we not make the same concession for the Elon Coordinators? They were 6-5 have been to the playoffs back to back years and prior to the new staff at Elon they were consistently at the bottom of the conference.

If DC is the best candidate great, but his body of work as a Head Coach suggests otherwise.

I want to ask a serious question here. Does anyone remember when Kevin Higgins or Pete Lembo we’re hired? Both guys were not held in high regard at the time in terms of being a Head Coach. Pete Lembo was in his early 30s and had never coordinated, Kevin Higgins believe it or not was not a popular choice given what was going on at the time. Kevin Higgins turned out to prob be the best Coach in Lehigh History. All I am saying with this statement is that I am sure that Joe will make the best decision for Lehigh Football regardless of public outcry.
News
Site Admin

Post by News » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:25 pm

News
Site Admin

Post by News » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:50 pm

News
Site Admin

Post by News » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:17 pm