The Official "Who Will Be The Next Lehigh Head Coach?" Thread

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
FBCSLEh

Re: The Official "Who Will Be The Next Lehigh Head Coach?" Thread

Post by FBCSLEh » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:33 pm

lfnadmin wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:20 pm I've compiled a list of fifteen guys that could be Lehigh's new head football coach - for real.

https://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.c ... -next.html

I guarantee there are some guys in there you're heard of... and other names you might not.

On Cecchini:

"Likelihood: It's likely that many alumni would be thrilled with him coming back to South Mountain, but how interested is Cecchini in returning after setting up a life and a full-blown football program in Indiana?"

If Chick is offered the job he is taking it, I'd bet my house on it. However, he is not the best candidate for the job.

RichH

Post by RichH » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:37 pm

Right now we dont even know who the candidates are. We speculate but who is LU interested in and who is interested in Lu. Both are still mysteries.
van

Post by van » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:00 pm

hey, we have had the same guy for 13 years, do we know how to handle this process? How many schools go 13 years between head coaches? Enjoy the speculation, have confidence in Joe who no doubt has the best intentions and a lot more data than we do, and support the new guy even if he turns out to not be your first choice!
RichH

Post by RichH » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:07 pm

Agree van. Our speculations are fun but whoever becomes HC is the guy and hopefully successful. I have been here throught 7 coaches. Some great and a few not so much. I root for the team. Whether I like or dislike the HC will not dtract from my support.
Go Lehigh TU Owl

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:17 pm

van wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:00 pm hey, we have had the same guy for 13 years, do we know how to handle this process? How many schools go 13 years between head coaches? Enjoy the speculation, have confidence in Joe who no doubt has the best intentions and a lot more data than we do, and support the new guy even if he turns out to not be your first choice!
Absolutely! The one thing that seems rather apparent is there's a strong "potential" candidate pool. Obviously no one knows who has officially been contacted or the extent of interview process but there's some quality names being mentioned. I've been tracking the JMU opening from a bit of a distance and i'd argue the names being tossed around for the Lehigh opening are better. If nothing else, just as good. This is a great job in FCS football!

There's a bunch of guys that can lead this program to great success. Just don't hire the one who can't. That's what Lafayette does. :lol:
RichH

Post by RichH » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:20 pm

Go Lehigh TU Owl wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:17 pm
van wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:00 pm hey, we have had the same guy for 13 years, do we know how to handle this process? How many schools go 13 years between head coaches? Enjoy the speculation, have confidence in Joe who no doubt has the best intentions and a lot more data than we do, and support the new guy even if he turns out to not be your first choice!
Absolutely! The one thing that seems rather apparent is there's a strong "potential" candidate pool. Obviously no one knows who has officially been contacted or the extent of interview process but there's some quality names being mentioned. I've been tracking the JMU opening from a bit of a distance and i'd argue the names being tossed around for the Lehigh opening are better. If nothing else, just as good. This is a great job in FCS football!

There's a bunch of guys that can lead this program to great success. Just don't hire the one who can't. That's what Lafayette does. :lol:
+1
RichH

Post by RichH » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:28 pm

It is imperative that Joe hires the candidate he believes can lead a winning program and not a candidate solely because of his Lehigh connections.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:36 pm

StablerBum wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:41 pm I think Golden or Cramsey would be the biggest home runs and the Tier 1 guys.

For me, Tier 2 would be Trisciani, Folmar, and Cecchini. Maybe the Kutztown guy.

The rest included in LFN's post would be in Tier 3 for me. Doesn't mean someone from outside the list wouldn't be a home run as well, just categorizing the names included.
I would be shocked if we have a budget to hire a Golden or Cramsey. Keep in mind, we need also make the assistants position attractive, too, if the new coach is going to be able to bring in those he wants.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:55 pm

lfnadmin wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:20 pm I've compiled a list of fifteen guys that could be Lehigh's new head football coach - for real.

https://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.c ... -next.html

I guarantee there are some guys in there you're heard of... and other names you might not.
Excellent article Chuck!
Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:10 pm

RichH wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:44 pm Since I'm a D guy, I would put Triciani then Golden .
I like Tricani.

I appreciate the effort LFN put into doing the list. It's super.