And the Head Coach Clock restarts. Tick-Tock....

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
ngineer

Re: And the Head Coach Clock restarts. Tick-Tock....

Post by ngineer » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:12 pm

So who is in the 'final five'? Most mentioned candidates here and on AGS appear to be, in alphabetical order: Cecchini, Clements, Cramsey, Golden, Folmar, Loose, Lustig, Ruggerio. Any others people think are in the finals?

JimLU81

Post by JimLU81 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:34 pm

Again I know no names... but I can almost guarantee that it is not an FBS Asst, NFL Asst, or a former Lehigh Offensive Coordinator. Take it for what it’s worth...
RichH

Post by RichH » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:40 pm

So no Higgins, Ceech or Folmar. Cramsey may be my new favorite. :D
RichH

Post by RichH » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:02 am

Given Jim's parameters, Phil Stambaugh comes to mind. :D
TMH

Post by TMH » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:31 am

I was going to say that Cramsey gets eliminated as both FBS assistant and offensive coordinator. I'm still thinking/hoping that Joe is looking for someone who will put a major emphasis on the defensive side of the ball.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:47 am

Veeery interestink...(channeling the German soldier on the old Laugh-In comedy show). Could possibly include current staff (Kashurba?) as well as an up and coming D-II HC, such as Clements at Kutztown, who had winning teams wherever he's coached. Also takes Loose out of the picture as well as Lustig, who I thought might be good candidates. Somewhat shocked that Cecchini would not be a finalist. I could see approaching Stambaugh as an offensive assistant. One thing I don't see on our staff is an offensive coach who can 'coach up' the QBs and Phil could certainly do that.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:49 am

Also, leaves in play many FCS coaches, especially those who have been coordinators and/or 'assistant HC's'.
RichH

Post by RichH » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:06 pm

Kashurba? That is an interesting idea.

Gotta admit, if nothing else, the surge in posts and speculation today is interesting and fun.
I watch the calendar and our window is getting smaller and smaller as 1/10 nears.

One point to keep in mind. Assume Joe has interviewed 5 applicants this week. He is not bound necessarily to hire one of these men.
RichH

Post by RichH » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:11 pm

Per Lehigh Football Partnership, Andy and his family will be taken care of under Lehigh's Benfits program.
lfnadmin

Post by lfnadmin » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:14 pm

Planning on doing a few blog posts before the year is through summarizing the 2018 season and maybe narrowing the speculation on head coaches a bit.

One thing that seems clear to me is maybe we should be upping the "odds" on some of the FCS coordinators at either CAA or Ivy teams, especially the ones that have poached a bunch of Lehigh Valley players for the CAA. The one name in that vein I keep revisiting is Villanova's Sam Venuto. Talk about a recruiter.