Dominic Parolin

Young team returns in 2018-2019 with tons of promise. Can they get back to the NCAA Tournament?
van

Re: Dominic Parolin

Post by van » Thu May 07, 2020 7:49 pm

TMH wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 5:57 pm I have a different perspective on Parolin. He may be the exact opposite of Andree. Pat came to Lehigh as an elite perimeter player, perhaps the best 3 point shooter in NJ. It was pretty well known that he would need to work on his his inside game in college. With Kempton still here, Pat let TK control the paint. His inside game evolved after Tim graduated.

Parolin, by contrast, seems to be a natural post-up player utilizing his size against over-matched opponents. His perimeter game only started to develop in his senior year, perhaps why he was overlooked.

I think, at this point, his skill set (although only the future will tell us about skill level) is similar to Kempton. He has good hands and feet to maneuver inside the paint and a tenacity and willingness to grab rebounds. TK only shot 1 three pointer in his first 2 years. In his senior year he made 41%

Two points: Half of this year's recruiting class is from Canada with Parolin joining Ben Li.
Although there are no pure shooters in this class, we will become significantly more physical IMO. Tan
and Li are very physical players too, I believe.
excellent analysis, if he does develop a bonafide outside shot, he will be a handful for PL teams

Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Thu May 07, 2020 8:44 pm

van wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:49 pm
TMH wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 5:57 pm I have a different perspective on Parolin. He may be the exact opposite of Andree. Pat came to Lehigh as an elite perimeter player, perhaps the best 3 point shooter in NJ. It was pretty well known that he would need to work on his his inside game in college. With Kempton still here, Pat let TK control the paint. His inside game evolved after Tim graduated.

Parolin, by contrast, seems to be a natural post-up player utilizing his size against over-matched opponents. His perimeter game only started to develop in his senior year, perhaps why he was overlooked.

I think, at this point, his skill set (although only the future will tell us about skill level) is similar to Kempton. He has good hands and feet to maneuver inside the paint and a tenacity and willingness to grab rebounds. TK only shot 1 three pointer in his first 2 years. In his senior year he made 41%

Two points: Half of this year's recruiting class is from Canada with Parolin joining Ben Li.
Although there are no pure shooters in this class, we will become significantly more physical IMO. Tan
excellent analysis, if he does develop a bonafide outside shot, he will be a handful for PL teams
If he doesn't transfer first :lol:
RichH

Post by RichH » Thu May 07, 2020 9:23 pm

+1 Young, very physical up front. Going to be an interesting team to watch.
jimk72

Post by jimk72 » Thu May 07, 2020 10:22 pm

To me Kempton was stronger physically coming in as a freshman. Parolin seems to be quicker with better ball skills and more finesse. But Tim could handle rough and tumble underneath. Dominic, we'll find out.

And the transfer thing IS getting to be a real issue. As a math wiz and 4.0 GPA, hopefully a Lehigh degree and the family atmosphere would keep him here. But if he graduates in three and we don't have a grad program...…

Then again, we've got bigger issues to consider..... Like when{if} will the season begin......