Interesting post from over at TheMat.com collegiate forum...

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
mh1

Re: Interesting post from over at TheMat.com collegiate forum...

Post by mh1 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:16 pm

jdalu75 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:31 pm This is true: Army has one of the largest rosters in the EIWA (a free latte at EIWAs to anyone who can post which team has the largest roster without looking it up); they sent 32 guys to the Princeton Open and their starters were in California. They are especially deep at the upper weights -- enough 197 and 285 wrestlers for three teams. Along with Princeton they have the most veteran team in the conference and they were the only team to place all ten wrestlers at the last EIWA tournament. Four of their starters are ranked ahead of ours. They don't redshirt, so everyone is available to compete at any time. I used to notice that a lot of the guys who went to Army Prep first never showed up on the roster; those days are past.

Our coaches don't take them lightly: One guy who thought Army might finish ahead of Lehigh at EIWAs this past March was Pat Santoro. Duals and tournaments are scored differently.

As far as them winning the EIWA dual meet title last year -- the EIWA website has posted a table showing dual meet standings since JJH was doing the math and the posting. What do you think it's been there for? Would you rather Cornell finish on top and chortle about it? Last season was the first time Army ever came out on top, and good for them.

SACRED HEART

jdalu75

Post by jdalu75 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:17 am

mh1 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:16 pm SACRED HEART
Correct. But did you have to look it up?
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:53 am

I don't understand the bashing of Army because of their dual team title claim, it's like Hillary claiming " but I won the election, I got the most votes".....means nothing..... why bother arguing?

Until Army can step up and compete for a real EIWA title it is just talk, and really who cares? Save your energy for rivals that can actually challenge you like Cornell and Princeton and let Army keep struggling to look at themselves in the mirror and saying with a straight face that they are "champions" of something.......

Other than being the greatest Armed Force in the world that is......
LU in the Hub

Post by LU in the Hub » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:12 am

mookie wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:06 pm Army is vying to be the most annoying EIWA team.
Maybe so, but this is the record of the guy Weiler lost to...

https://www.wrestlestat.com/wrestler/45 ... ke/profile

More disappointing than Humpheys losing to Monday, I would say.
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:48 am

JDA wrote in part:

"One guy who thought Army might finish ahead of Lehigh at EIWAs this past March was Pat Santoro."

Lehigh 153
Army 106.5

I hope the guy doesn't give out stock tips.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:59 am

Weiler has a history of a few questionable losses, and very credible ranked wins.

Early in the year still adjusting to weight change, wouldn't get too wound up about it.
mookie

Post by mookie » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:33 am

Weiler is a strange dude.
Polk Street Pirate

Post by Polk Street Pirate » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:58 am

Disgusting to see the bashing of Army on here
van

Post by van » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:17 am

Polk Street Pirate wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:58 am Disgusting to see the bashing of Army on here
good point, I would not return to this site if I were you
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:18 am

"Disgusting to see the bashing of Army on here"

No one is bashing Army, that is a blatant misrepresentation, someone posted something that made no sense and people are in turn replying to it. Army has a solid team, but the facts are the facts. No one has ever claimed a dual team title in the EIWA before Army decided they won one last year. and to claim their backups will beat Lehigh's starters like it's a fact? Upsets happen, let's not get carried away.........