Video Board

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Richb-3

Video Board

Post by Richb-3 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:15 pm

or Jumbotran or whatever you call it sure looked good. We need one in Grace

gimpeltf

Re: Video Board

Post by gimpeltf » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:56 pm

Richb-3 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:15 pm or Jumbotran or whatever you call it sure looked good. We need one in Grace
Been there 2-3 years but wrestling fans wouldn't have known that.
I use it at the Preps.
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:31 pm

I had seen those video boards a few times watching Stabler B-Ball, but they look better in real life.

I would imagine the two sections of the present Grace scoreboard could be combined into one with the video board replacing the other. side.

still need better sound in Turner-Leeman

The mat in stabler was the current Grace mat- first time they have moved it there in a while (it was in PPL). I had thought the first T-L mat might be in Stabler, but I guess they traded it in?

I think the Good mat should have a 36-38 foot circle on the other side for T-L
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:01 pm

The thing I didn't like about it is that one had to look up and away and miss for too long what's going on on the mat. In a small arena you really don't need to show a picture of what's going on on the mat. I think so long as a board{s} near the mat can show the pertinent numbers in a highly visible fashion, that's sufficient.
gimpeltf

Post by gimpeltf » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:37 pm

That was the first time I saw the clock software on the board. I want to try something with it at some point I want to see if I was right. Nothing major - the clocks seemed in perfect synch.
The riding time display bothered me a little. I thought it was pulsing for a while. I've seen Flo software do that sometimes (this must be daktronic software) on older machines. It takes a while to repaint screens so if the computer is in a heavy compute process time it can be a little weird looking (technical term).
What I later realized was happening is that they use a proportional font- each character has it's own width. So the time would change widths depending on what digits were showing. I didn't notice that with the period time though.