National Recruiting

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
ikeremix

Re: National Recruiting

Post by ikeremix » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:41 pm

NothingMeaningful wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:48 pm
jdalu75 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:02 pm You should give up on humor.
Here, at least.

Pretty sure if one of the Lehigh faithful had posted that, you'd have gotten the humor. Context is everything.
Only other poster that I’ve had a serious distaste for like I do for Nothing, was the poster formerly known as Klehner.

Asa Packer

Post by Asa Packer » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:10 am

IMHO, On the old WR.com forum, klehner & Red Blades were the voices of reason. There were two others that were out of control. One voiced his eternal hate for Lehigh and all things Lehigh. That's starting the discussion at a reasonable level :roll:
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:13 am

I enjoy the input from and jousting with the Cornell fans. Downer in my view that only Klehner's followed us over here.
NothingMeaningful

Post by NothingMeaningful » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:39 am

ikeremix wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:41 pm
NothingMeaningful wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:48 pm
jdalu75 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:02 pm You should give up on humor.
Here, at least.

Pretty sure if one of the Lehigh faithful had posted that, you'd have gotten the humor. Context is everything.
Only other poster that I’ve had a serious distaste for like I do for Nothing, was the poster formerly known as Klehner.
You know, because I'm willing to admit my failings, I went back and looked at just about every single one of my posts on this forum. What I found was a series of posts trying to be helpful to those who asked questions, giving insight into the Cornell lineup and such, giving praise to a great Lehigh program, and stuff like that. What I didn't find (with the exception of some exasperation wrt the Cornell wrestling web site thread, for which I apologize) was rudeness, excessive touting of the Cornell program,animosity towards Lehigh or any of its wrestlers or fans, or anything someone might find "distasteful". This was true, even on the many threads that included serious Cornell bashing (gloating of Darmstadt getting cradled: WTF?). I never saw Lehigh bashing to that level on the Cornell forum, or on the Cornell thread on The Mat forum. Talk about distasteful.

Do tell, what did you find so distasteful? The fact that I'm a Cornell wrestling fan? I came here to talk about wrestling, but if your view is shared by many, I'll just leave you to your echo chamber.
D3 for LU

Trying to lower the reverb on that Echo Chamber...

Post by D3 for LU » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:28 am

You know, sometimes it helps putting ones thoughts in perspective to some of the things we post vs others that differ in allegiance to other schools/ "tribes". For the most part, most of us try to be reasonable and such. But since the majority of us came over from WR fora to here, we kind of let are "hair down" (even if it's a FEW if ANY :P ) and spoke our minds as if no one else from the "other side" is here to comment about it. I wish we had some of the others (like red blades, seawolf, jm, etc.) did come over and contribute like they had as over on WR.
The other, "Usual Suspects", we KNOW how to deal with... you don't have to "feed those trolls."
Even if something that NM may say will rub some of you the wrong way, keep in mind what some of you might of said, to elicit that response in the first place.
Yeah... I've called the Big Red the "Evil Empire" in the past... I call it giving one's rivals respect grudgingly. ;)
Keep on posting Klehner/NothingMeanigful.
Even though this Forum says Lehigh Wrestling, you do occasionally give value and some of us appreciates the other point of view.
D3
Sir, a pint of you finest ale, please!
Never argue with an idiot... he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.
jdalu75

Post by jdalu75 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:30 pm

BTW, if you go to the top menu bar and click on the little icon that looks (very little) like a person, you can get to a "Friends and Foes" area and block seeing the posts of those you'd prefer not to read.

Haven't done it on this forum yet, but doesn't mean I won't.
mookie

Post by mookie » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:39 pm

(gloating of Darmstadt getting cradled: WTF?) - it was me and I thought it was wonderful. somehow missed his throat slash after that.
van

Post by van » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:06 pm

our fans may be old timers but they can still remember details!
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:38 pm

amen to that !
JAD77

Post by JAD77 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:50 pm

I’ve found Klehner to be extremely reasonable. Don’t know what the problem is. Miss the input from red blades, scribe and others.