Week-End Salvo

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Oracle

Week-End Salvo

Post by Oracle » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:27 am

With cancellation of the NCAAs.....no freestyle season.....no Olympic Trials ......and no Olympics...what is left to discuss?

"Wait till next year"

Recruiting, whose coming off red shirt/deferral, and who's back at different weights.....and maybe will the NCAA grant a waiver for additional eligibility for seniors who lost a chance 6 days before the tournament.

Recruiting for the EIWA was exceptionally strong this year. Cornell, Princeton, Lehigh, Army and Navy all had good years. CU and PU have to "Ivy Red shirt" if they so choose. The Academies can use NAPS and MAPS while LU can use traditional red shirt year while attending regular University classes.

Lehigh's 13 recruits traverse the entire line-up. Looks like all can defer with the possible exception of maybe 1 guy.

I wonder if Jaret lane will be back at 133 or if he will decide to lift his way to 141? That weight will likely see the most competition for a starting spot with Dan Moran, Connor McGonagle and Malyke Hines battling it out. That's a good problem to have as the eventual starter will be toughened up.

IMHO, the NCAA should just move on. Life is full of setbacks and misfortunes. The wrestlers will get over it. To engineer an outcome is not normal. The 2019-2020 year has been completed. Conference champions have been crowned. Everyone's out of school for the rest of the term. The entire country has been closed down -- and we should spend time and energy on making sure someone doesn't get short-sheeted in D1 wrestling? It happens. There isn't a person reading this who hasn't been disappointed either personally or for a child or other family member over something they wish they get a do-over for. It just doesn't work that way -- and shouldn't. Disappointment is part of life. Failure is part of life. Without disappointment and failure there would be no joy in winning.

Have a great week end everyone! Wash your hands!
Last edited by Oracle on Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mookie

Re: Week-End Salvo

Post by mookie » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:18 am

Day 10 without sports. Found a young lady sitting on my couch yesterday. Apparently she's my wife. She seems nice.
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:50 am

mookie wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:18 am Day 10 without sports. Found a young lady sitting on my couch yesterday. Apparently she's my wife. She seems nice.
I watched "A Night to Remember" the other day. Nothing like a good disaster movie to make one feel a little better.
RichH

Post by RichH » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:39 pm

mookie wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:18 am Day 10 without sports. Found a young lady sitting on my couch yesterday. Apparently she's my wife. She seems nice.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks mookie. Much neede laugh for me and my wife. My W did note that no sports was an unexpected bonus for her. She actually likes me. Go figure. :D
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:44 pm

Great to see another Salvo; lane will keep working his feet and challenge Farro; private feedback suggests we'll be improved at nine weights, with Logan projected to do a nice job replacing Kutler. Works for me.
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:12 pm

whiz wit wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:50 am
I watched "A Night to Remember" the other day. Nothing like a good disaster movie to make one feel a little better.
That is why on Sep 10-11 2001 I watched the 2000 TV movie (2 part) ON THE BEACH