2020-21 Season Thoughts

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Marylandengineer

Re: 2020-21 Season Thoughts

Post by Marylandengineer » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:43 pm

I thought Oracle's post on the value of a college degree declining was spot on.

Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:21 pm

Marylandengineer wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:43 pm I thought Oracle's post on the value of a college degree declining was spot on.
When high-tech companies are hiring self-taught geek programmers for six figures who can run rings around those who learned while paying $70k a year at U.S. private universities there's definitely some merit to Oracle's position.

That said, growth up the ladder in industry also requires social skills and emotional intelligence, hopefully learned in relatively diverse places like Lehigh.
lehighalum11

Post by lehighalum11 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:47 pm

PL Presidents meet tomorrow for final fall decision.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:28 am

Sundayamqb wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:21 pm
Marylandengineer wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:43 pm I thought Oracle's post on the value of a college degree declining was spot on.
When high-tech companies are hiring self-taught geek programmers for six figures who can run rings around those who learned while paying $70k a year at U.S. private universities there's definitely some merit to Oracle's position.

That said, growth up the ladder in industry also requires social skills and emotional intelligence, hopefully learned in relatively diverse places like Lehigh.
>>>>>>> Diversity is not found at most universities. It's group-think and PC thought and action that reign supreme. Freedom of thought and speech are shouted down if they don't fit the preordained narrative. I find it no different at my alma mater, although I wish it were. Remember that LU football player that was suspended from the play-offs for a re-tweet? Where was his freedom of speech? Did the University defend his 1st amendment rights? Sorry to get off topic
gimpeltf

Post by gimpeltf » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:50 am

Oracle wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:28 am

>>>>>>> Diversity is not found at most universities. It's group-think and PC thought and action that reign supreme. Freedom of thought and speech are shouted down if they don't fit the preordained narrative. I find it no different at my alma mater, although I wish it were. Remember that LU football player that was suspended from the play-offs for a re-tweet? Where was his freedom of speech? Did the University defend his 1st amendment rights? Sorry to get off topic
The 1st amendment applies to the federal government. The states have similar rights. When you are representing a more local entity you are beholden to it. And he did have the right to say most anything. He wasn't being jailed for what he said. If you come into my arena. You have the legal right to say most anything. But I also have the right to keep you out of my arena from there on.
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:09 am

Oracle wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:28 am

The Suspension of Ryan Spadola had little to do with Political Correctness, as Towson Coaches and Players were satisfied with his original punishment. It had everything to do with NDSU AD's win at all cost philosophy, and his friend the AD at Montana, in charge of NCAA discipline willingness to Help out. Of course neither was willing to discipline the players on their teams who were raping and robbing. Something tells me neither is as liberal as Alabama GOP Senate Candidate former Auburn AD.Coach Tuberville
ArturoGarcia1

Post by ArturoGarcia1 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:17 am

Yeah I am not seeing any attendance at the games, but other sports have seemed to manage. Just have to get a bigger cut of TV money!
jdalu75

Post by jdalu75 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:09 am

lehighalum11 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:47 pm PL Presidents meet tomorrow for final fall decision.
I haven't seen an announcement yet.

The Brown and White online said a couple of days ago that the Ivy Leagues weren't allowing practice before Jan 1st, 2021. I saw the Ivy League's press release and I didn't read it that way -- sounds like practices are permitted in accordance with state and local rules. If practices were banned, it would mean that the Ivies would be unable to begin their seasons until mid-January at the earliest.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:12 am

The Suspension of Ryan Spadola had little to do with Political Correctness, as Towson Coaches and Players were satisfied with his original punishment. It had everything to do with NDSU AD's win at all cost philosophy, and his friend the AD at Montana, in charge of NCAA discipline willingness to Help out.

>>>>> Political Correctness was the root cause of the suspension, was it not? To say it had "little to do" is grossly inaccurate. That the ND State coach weaponized it for his advantage is beside the point. IMO.
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:16 am

Oracle wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:12 am The Suspension of Ryan Spadola had little to do with Political Correctness, as Towson Coaches and Players were satisfied with his original punishment. It had everything to do with NDSU AD's win at all cost philosophy, and his friend the AD at Montana, in charge of NCAA discipline willingness to Help out.

>>>>> Political Correctness was the root cause of the suspension, was it not? To say it had "little to do" is grossly inaccurate. That the ND State coach weaponized it for his advantage is beside the point. IMO.
That is like Blaming the Great Chicago fire on the guy who invented the Oil Lamp 5000 BP.