Bloom-Haven-Field

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Oracle

Re: Bloom-Haven-Field

Post by Oracle » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:59 am

gimpeltf wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:10 pm
drd5748 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:40 pm Kevin Dresser signed a 6-yr deal with Iowa St around age 57.
Va Tech isn't Navy. Perhaps if LHU opened up Kolat might consider but a job at Navy is hard to leave for somewhere else.
>>>>>>> I was not suggesting Kolat. He's not going anywhere with the retirement he has ahead of him. The reference was to a guy "like Kolat."

gimpeltf

Post by gimpeltf » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:18 am

Oracle wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:59 am
gimpeltf wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:10 pm
drd5748 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:40 pm Kevin Dresser signed a 6-yr deal with Iowa St around age 57.
Va Tech isn't Navy. Perhaps if LHU opened up Kolat might consider but a job at Navy is hard to leave for somewhere else.
>>>>>>> I was not suggesting Kolat. He's not going anywhere with the retirement he has ahead of him. The reference was to a guy "like Kolat."
How many 4 time state champ, 2xNCAA champ screwed internationally 3(?) times are there?
mookie

Post by mookie » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:37 am

I've screwed internationally.
Asa Packer

Post by Asa Packer » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:41 am

"I've screwed internationally."

Save the details for next gathering at EIWAs. :roll:
HFO

Post by HFO » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:59 am

This is what happens when politicians attempt to run academia. You get convoluted political solutions like these 3 school merger concepts. Hopefully their are competing viewpoints in Harrisburg in the State Senate.

The issues are unsustainable universities. Mansfield has only 1700 students and an endowment of around $1 million dollars. Its student population has been decreasing for years. The SSHE should turn it over to become a community college.

Cheyney University has around 700 students and an endowment of around $2 million. SSHE should seek to have Cheyney consolidated into Lincoln University which is about 25 miles away. Both run urban satellite locations in Philadelphia. One campus to be designated a technology campus and then develop. The other a broad based campus and develop.

This reduces system to 12 universities that have sufficient student populations. Then there has to be serious examination of head counts, majors and getting their alumni involved for endowment growth.

I believe Edinboro, Lock Haven and Bloomsburg survive another day as D1 wrestling programs, but they will need endowment help to make it an easy decision for the President and AD.
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:49 pm

Seems unlikely a community college can be justified for Toga County, especially with they and the adjoining counties losing population (because of the Fracking boom? :D :) )

But, due its rural nature, I could see some other specialized purpose. Heck my little rural county (Perry) had its little Military School (Carson Long) become a jewish Orthodox school.

I do think your ideas are otherwise pretty good. I might suggest that most of the smaller (not WCU + IUP) also add Associate degrees. That would be great for a lot of kids who go to a 4 year school just because they don't think they are done with sports. If they enter in a 2 year plan, and they decide they actually had enough of sports they grab the 2 year degree and go. (now, you have so many guys who find in their second year no more sports, they leave with no degree, and some credits that may be dead ends). And of course, if they find they really want to use 4 years of sports they can go for the bachelors.
Asa Packer

Post by Asa Packer » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:42 am

Although its just admin for now, if an eventual merger are they the Husky Bald Mountaineers? (Huskies, Bald Eagles and Mountaineers)

Would a merged Clarion-CA(PA)-Edinboro be the Golden Fighting Vulcans? (Golden Eagles, Fighting Scots, Vulcans)
Is Fighting Scots non-PC in today's academia? :lol:
gimpeltf

Post by gimpeltf » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:28 am

Asa Packer wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:42 am Although its just admin for now, if an eventual merger are they the Husky Bald Mountaineers? (Huskies, Bald Eagles and Mountaineers)

Would a merged Clarion-CA(PA)-Edinboro be the Golden Fighting Vulcans? (Golden Eagles, Fighting Scots, Vulcans)
Is Fighting Scots non-PC in today's academia? :lol:
Is Vulcans PC? I guess since both Nimoy and Lenard have passed away- no one left to complain!