2021 EIWA Championships (?)

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
HFO

Re: 2021 EIWA Championships (?)

Post by HFO » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:51 pm

Looks like 6 week season will be more like 4 weeks. If I were running, EIWA, I'd look for a location outside of PA, trying going as south as possible such as federal land. Possibly Naval Academy.

Being 90, I've beaten the actuarial tables of 1930. I'm taking my chances with NO vaccine. Being a physician, do your really know what your are having injected into your body? I don't operate on trust. There are reasons for statistical analysis over long periods on the human anatomy and molecular level functioning. I'll pass on a virus that even in my age group is 99.9% survivable. Kudos to the WWII veteran of 104 who survived. Now that's being on the tail of life's possibilities.

Given history of contagious disease, the most effective solution has been complete isolation from everything, people, animals, etc. This is not the great killer that early projections of 4% to 7% of human population that came out in Feb/Mar 2020. Good hygiene, a vitamin regiment, especially Vitamin D, good air and deep breathing and exercise and a lower BMI have good correlation for a robust immune system to beat this variation of COVID.

It is what it is. A certain amount of group hysteria. The medical community can now keep 99.999% of you alive, especially if you take the first step to be a contributor to your health. Eat better, exercise, drink moderately, don't smoke, sleep, and have a strategy of preventative medicine with your primary care physician regardless of age. The reality is we are now in a world where people can live to 120+.

I'm still of mindset that you will not see wrestling this year. We live in the wrong part of the country for that to happen.

jdalu75

Post by jdalu75 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:01 am

HFO wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:51 pm
I'm still of mindset that you will not see wrestling this year. We live in the wrong part of the country for that to happen.
It's happening. We've made it to EIWAs. All the 10-percenters have been proven wrong.
Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:26 am

MH told you all that Joe would crush the virus. Body lock to an inside trip and looking for the fall right now. GO JOE!....Joe?....wake up Joe!
Lehighsam

Post by Lehighsam » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:20 pm

lu_alum wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:09 am
jdalu75 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:47 am Correct, except for the following --

3. All tentative, no contracts signed at this time and still needs approval by all the committees that make up the EIWA. Spooky Nook is in Manheim, not Lancaster.
Last time I checked, Manheim was in LANCASTER COUNTY.
Unlike Virginia, where I lives in either a city or a county, PA cities, towns & boroughs are located in a county.
The city of Philadelphia is located in the county of Philadelphia.
I remember JEOPARDY penalized a military contestant when he responded Alexandria to the nearest city where the
Pentagon was located. Their "incorrect" answer was Arlington. Having lived there, Arlington is a county. What is really confusing is that County of Fairfax surrounds the City of Fairfax.
jdalu75

Post by jdalu75 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:06 pm

I lived in the St. Louis area for three years in the 1970s. The City of St. Louis is in St. Louis City County; I lived in an unincorporated section of St. Louis County County. That's always been confusing.
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:40 pm

in Pa one lives in a city, a borough, township, or Bloomsburg, the only TOWN. As near as I can Find Philadelphia is the only municipality in the nation exactly synonymous with a county.

Hawaii has no cities, towns boroughs, villages or townships. Even Honolulu is only a census designated place.

Spooky nook is not in Manheim Boro, It has a Manheim Mailing address, 'i think it is in Rapho twp, in the Manheim Central School District. Manheim Central was the first HS wrestling in Pa. NCAA OW wrestled MC before Lehigh. He predated the PIAA tournament

r
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:55 pm

Will always have a soft spot for St. Louis. Was stationed at Fort Leonard Wood in the late 60's and would trek to St. Louis on the weekends. Gaslight Square area was a great place to pick up girls. And St. Louis was the only place during my service where someone actually bought me a drink while in uniform.