Board of Trustees

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
NothingMeaningful

Re: Board of Trustees

Post by NothingMeaningful » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:18 am

Spladle1989 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:12 am Not false at all unless you want it to be.....hey every time someone commits a crime in the future whip out your cell phone and say "hey I'm filming a documentary here".......don't mind me yelling out things like "let's buirn this shit down", it's just all part of my movie........Yes officer I'm drunk, but see my cell phone, I'm just filming a documentary on police arresting drunk drivers and being abusive......so hey FU pig.....

He was arrested right?

Who's checking the views of the "fact-checkers"? Seeme like everything they "fact checked" backed the article.....

He is a far left winger right? All I was saying is that I believe ANTIFA exists and I didn't believe it was solely far right wing radicals involved/on the scene......JAD took exception to that saying there was not a left winger in sight.......which I proved wrong.......

Again we interpret our truths differently, that's fine it's America......but spare me the false news shtick, unless it is certifiably false....You're starting to sound like the Donald......
Sheesh. I'll not contribute to this dumpster fire any longer.

Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:22 am

Since you quoted me with your standard I give up reply........

Trying to remember anyone asking you to contribute? Or particularly cares if you do or don't?
TMH

Post by TMH » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:40 am

Spladle1989 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:12 am Not false at all unless you want it to be.....hey every time someone commits a crime in the future whip out your cell phone and say "hey I'm filming a documentary here".......don't mind me yelling out things like "let's buirn this shit down", it's just all part of my movie........Yes officer I'm drunk, but see my cell phone, I'm just filming a documentary on police arresting drunk drivers and being abusive......so hey FU pig.....

He was arrested right?

Who's checking the views of the "fact-checkers"? Seeme like everything they "fact checked" backed the article.....

He is a far left winger right? All I was saying is that I believe ANTIFA exists and I didn't believe it was solely far right wing radicals involved/on the scene......JAD took exception to that saying there was not a left winger in sight.......which I proved wrong.......

Again we interpret our truths differently, that's fine it's America......but spare me the false news shtick, unless it is certifiably false....You're starting to sound like the Donald......
Funny story. I had a 3:00 dental appointment on the day of the riots. ABC had already interrupted my wife's regular scheduled programming to show the craziness going on outside the Capitol. At 3:02 the National Guard was called.
My dentist had Fox News on the television in my room. The sound was muted so I cannot vouch for the commentary but the video was apparently an endless loop of flags waving peacefully outside . It never changed while I was there. By the time I got home (10 Min), there was full-scale insurrection going on.

Here is my advice. When you hear something from either side, do your research. I have been doing it constantly and it becomes obvious what sources of information are reliable or not.

What this man did is criminal and should be prosecuted the same way as everyone else who entered the building. His video will be of great interest to law enforcement. Blaming him is nothing more than deflection though. In law, it's probably considered a "straw man" defense.

Now more Lehigh sports is coming upon us tomorrow. Enjoy that action.
gimpeltf

Post by gimpeltf » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:18 pm

So, should the guy have been arrested? Of course, he was there inside the capitol and shouldn't have been.
Are you dumb enough to think that if he hadn't been there and shouted whatever it's thought he shouted that it would have resulted in everyone staying outside peacefully waving flags? That was the point of the fact check. He isn't Antifa and his part in the riot was basically irrelevant and there was no influence by left-wing agitators to anyone's knowledge.
NothingMeaningful

Post by NothingMeaningful » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:37 pm

Spladle1989 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:22 am Since you quoted me with your standard I give up reply........

Trying to remember anyone asking you to contribute? Or particularly cares if you do or don't?
Sorry, I'll wait to be invited on all threads from now on. Who gets to ask for contributions?
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:37 pm

Back to wrestling

Was Sullivan a leftist or just a pure Anarchist?

Like the Drunken Guy who at the meeting wherein The April 1970 Governance Strike was acclaimed. He wanted to escalate the situation by throwing something through a window. He got something and approached the window.

He was stopped by Dave Waters and Steve Shields
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:40 pm

gimpeltf wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:18 pm So, should the guy have been arrested? Of course, he was there inside the capitol and shouldn't have been.
Are you dumb enough to think that if he hadn't been there and shouted whatever it's thought he shouted that it would have resulted in everyone staying outside peacefully waving flags? That was the point of the fact check. He isn't Antifa and his part in the riot was basically irrelevant and there was no influence by left-wing agitators to anyone's knowledge.
Thanks for correcting me. And here I thought the purpose of a fact check was to check specific alleged facts. I guess - like you say - I'm just dumb.
Last edited by whiz wit on Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:41 pm

If any Lehigh Guy should be upset with the Trump era, it should be Jesse W Reno '81. That is 1881, he invented the escalator, or at least patented the first successful model.
gimpeltf

Post by gimpeltf » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:48 pm

whiz wit wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:40 pm
gimpeltf wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:18 pm So, should the guy have been arrested? Of course, he was there inside the capitol and shouldn't have been.
Thanks for correcting me. And here I thought the purpose of a fact check was to check specific alleged facts.
Facebook posts
stated on January 7, 2021 in a Facebook post:
Says left-wing activist John Sullivan “incited (the) insurgence of (the) US Capitol.”

The alleged facts were that this guy incited the insurgence. It was ruled as shown.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:55 pm

And the alleged people they quoted saying he wasn't were friends and business associates filming a documentary WITH him/about him......come on that is the most ridiculous fact check in history.....he basically did everything the article said ...the only difference is in what way he was yelling "lets burn this shit down"? I mean yeah, he whispers to myself quietly for only himself to hear...shhhhhh, let's burn this shit down he whispers.....lol

No one said he incited the whole riot, they said he was in part inciting the riot......quite a large difference there......and good lord who is going to say they are ANTIFA.......you think there are guys running around yelling "Me, me!! I'm a member of ANTIFA!!"...........fact checking lol