Board of Trustees

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Spladle1989

Re: Board of Trustees

Post by Spladle1989 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:21 pm

The problem is, which anyone with an ounce of sense would argue, is who's evidence do you want to believe?

Do I think it was totally a right wing led attack on Congress? No, no I don't. Do I believe they had a large part in it? Yes, yes I do. Do I believe ANTIFA exists and trys to stir the pot and create crisis and violence whenever they can? Yes, yes I do. Whether that be a BLM march, a "peaceful" takeover in certain cities, or a republican "march" on the capitol.

Everyone chooses what information they believe and what the "facts" are based on a source they trust. The problem is the news isn't the news anymore from either side, I don't care what channel you watch, news you read, website you click on they are all editorials now.....everything is reported with an angle and with an attempt to stick out from all the other stories out there (i.e. clickbait).......

So you can steadfastly believe everyone is an idiot who doesn't think like you do, but that's not really what this country was founded on was it? When did we all stop having civil conversations about issues with it being a i hate you or you hate me moment? Or you're an idiot and I'm brilliant? Started long before Trump.......Trump is just a product of it.......

gimpeltf

Post by gimpeltf » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:32 pm

I didn't realize we had become a Parler parlor.

Can someone lock this thread down?
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:47 am

JAD77 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:53 pm So....... you object to my comment, but not someone blaming the attempted insurrection Wednesday on Antifa? When anyone with a computer could see the posts coming from right wing websites discussing how they were going to storm the Capitol - occurring for weeks in advance? When every single person arrested so far has been a member of a right wing organization, and not an Antifa member in sight?
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/left-w ... pitol-riot

Uh huh, every one of them, none in sight.....not a mention of this on CNN or NBC.....

Read every news source, CNN, Fox, etc....both sides push their agenda.....news today is one big editorial....you need to read it all and formulate your own version of the news.....that is the problem in news today and why the country is so divided in my opinion....and yes it's just my opinion...

OK my last comment on this......on to wrestling which I much prefer.....except when it comes to injury and wrestler status reporting.......then you are in the interpret zone again.....
gimpeltf

Post by gimpeltf » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:04 am

Spladle1989 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:47 am
JAD77 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:53 pm So....... you object to my comment, but not someone blaming the attempted insurrection Wednesday on Antifa? When anyone with a computer could see the posts coming from right wing websites discussing how they were going to storm the Capitol - occurring for weeks in advance? When every single person arrested so far has been a member of a right wing organization, and not an Antifa member in sight?
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/left-w ... pitol-riot

Uh huh, every one of them, none in sight.....not a mention of this on CNN or NBC.....

Read every news source, CNN, Fox, etc....both sides push their agenda.....news today is one big editorial....you need to read it all and formulate your own version of the news.....that is the problem in news today and why the country is so divided in my opinion....and yes it's just my opinion...

OK my last comment on this......on to wrestling which I much prefer.....except when it comes to injury and wrestler status reporting.......then you are in the interpret zone again.....
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... tivist-an/
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:23 am

"PolitiFact reviewed Sullivan’s video of the mob into the Capitol and Babbitt’s shooting. It doesn’t show Sullivan clearly engaged in the violence or leading the run up to the Capitol, although it does show him animated as he spoke with police and rioters from the frontlines.

At points in the video, Sullivan can be heard telling others he was only filming and discouraging violence. At other points, he appeared to encourage what was happening. As rioters scaled a wall outside, for example, he cheered them on. "We did this s---, together," he said after the barricades came down. "This is f------ history. We’re all a part of this f------ history."

"Let’s burn this s--- down," Sullivan can be heard saying on the video before heading inside. It was not clear if the comment was directed to or heard by any specific person or people.

FEATURED FACT-CHECK"

Umm Gimp, not sure what your point is.......he was arrested, he is left wing activist, and his words clearly would be considered inciteful......strange fact check......so I would say there was a left wing activist in sight as to my point in previous post....
NothingMeaningful

Post by NothingMeaningful » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:34 am

Spladle1989 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:23 am "PolitiFact reviewed Sullivan’s video of the mob into the Capitol and Babbitt’s shooting. It doesn’t show Sullivan clearly engaged in the violence or leading the run up to the Capitol, although it does show him animated as he spoke with police and rioters from the frontlines.

At points in the video, Sullivan can be heard telling others he was only filming and discouraging violence. At other points, he appeared to encourage what was happening. As rioters scaled a wall outside, for example, he cheered them on. "We did this s---, together," he said after the barricades came down. "This is f------ history. We’re all a part of this f------ history."

"Let’s burn this s--- down," Sullivan can be heard saying on the video before heading inside. It was not clear if the comment was directed to or heard by any specific person or people.

FEATURED FACT-CHECK"

Umm Gimp, not sure what your point is.......he was arrested, he is left wing activist, and his words clearly would be considered inciteful......strange fact check......so I would say there was a left wing activist in sight as to my point in previous post....
Two things: Sullivan was arrested on Thursday, 1/14, while Gimp posted on Monday, 1/11. At that point, nobody who was arrested was identified as anything other than a Trump supporter, neo-Nazi, right-wing activist, or some other similar type.

Second: congratulations, you found a single instance of a left-wing activist among the ~100 (so far!) arrested who were not left-wing activists. Therefore, you feel compelled to argue a false equivalency. Bravo!
gimpeltf

Post by gimpeltf » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:51 am

NothingMeaningful wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:34 am Second: congratulations, you found a single instance of a left-wing activist among the ~100 (so far!) arrested who were not left-wing activists. Therefore, you feel compelled to argue a false equivalency. Bravo!
Especially considering there were clear right-wing instigators in some of the BLM protests.
Umbrella man
https://www.startribune.com/police-umbr ... 571932272/
gimpeltf

Post by gimpeltf » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:59 am

FEATURED FACT-CHECK"

[/quote]

Pretty simple, yes he was there. Your point wasn't that somebody was there filming- it was that ANTIFA was involved at a large level. Also, that CNN etc wasn't covering this. Actually, they were covering the ANTIFA involvement. Nobody has found any and they covered that!
If you were there filming- would you yell telling this crazy mob of terrorists that you were a left winger or would you
shout along with them? (If that's actually what he did).
I often hear this idiocy of saying that the MSM isn't covering something only to find out a few days later the reason. It was false!
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:08 am

The claim being investigated was that Sullivan "incited the insurgence". "To "incite" is defined as "to provoke or urge", which Sullivan clearly did as evidenced by the video. But politifact nevertheless arrives at its desired outcome by finding that there's no evidence that he incited the violence "alone amid a crowd of thousands." That wasn't the claim being investigated, however. The claim made was obviously true. So I would give Gimp's trusted politifact an "F" for this fact check.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:12 am

Not false at all unless you want it to be.....hey every time someone commits a crime in the future whip out your cell phone and say "hey I'm filming a documentary here".......don't mind me yelling out things like "let's buirn this shit down", it's just all part of my movie........Yes officer I'm drunk, but see my cell phone, I'm just filming a documentary on police arresting drunk drivers and being abusive......so hey FU pig.....

He was arrested right?

Who's checking the views of the "fact-checkers"? Seeme like everything they "fact checked" backed the article.....

He is a far left winger right? All I was saying is that I believe ANTIFA exists and I didn't believe it was solely far right wing radicals involved/on the scene......JAD took exception to that saying there was not a left winger in sight.......which I proved wrong.......

Again we interpret our truths differently, that's fine it's America......but spare me the false news shtick, unless it is certifiably false....You're starting to sound like the Donald......