God Is In Control

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
mookie

God Is In Control

Post by mookie » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:51 am

Many wrestlers professing their love of God during interviews after finals matches Saturday night. Penn State wrestlers almost to a man talk about wrestling for God and how they can't lose with God on their side.

Apparently God also loves Oklahoma State's AJ Ferrari and Iowa State's David Carr. Who knew God was such a fan of wrestling?

legger

Re: God Is In Control

Post by legger » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:32 am

**** Stupid post Dave. I have defended you in the past on this forum because I know you personally and know sometimes you post just to get a reaction. You do make some stupid posts, but to mock wrestlers or anyone else for their belief in God is not only Stupid but also Demeaning. I know you are probably just joking but your jest is uncalled for and inappropriate at best. Try not to be an Asshat.
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:46 am

I seldom listen to athlete interviews. The large majority of the time they range from worthless to highly annoying.
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:48 am

Is there any Division Program at a school described as religious other than Sacred Heart? I know there is a wiki site that describes colleges as Private, Federal Service, State owned (or in some way state related- PSU, Pitt, Trmple, Rutgers,Cornell).

For my 15th year HS reunion (almost 40 years ago) We filled out a little what have you been doing since sheet. Including What was the greatest event of your life? Out of the 120 or so we got back, there must have been a dozen that said something like "attended a Pat Roberts or Jerry Fallwell festival". The one guy who actually was, and is a Minister said "Getting my (used I think) BMW"
gimpeltf

Post by gimpeltf » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:59 am

Richb-3 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:48 am Is there any Division Program at a school described as religious other than Sacred Heart? I know there is a wiki site that describes colleges as Private, Federal Service, State owned (or in some way state related- PSU, Pitt, Trmple, Rutgers,Cornell).

For my 15th year HS reunion (almost 40 years ago) We filled out a little what have you been doing since sheet. Including What was the greatest event of your life? Out of the 120 or so we got back, there must have been a dozen that said something like "attended a Pat Roberts or Jerry Fallwell festival". The one guy who actually was, and is a Minister said "Getting my (used I think) BMW"
American lists as being religiously affiliated. I didn't realize that until after hearing about Teague leaving and Mineo suggesting it was about a somewhat religiously based post he made months before. The timing suggested to me it wasn't about that post and I didn't think the post was something that a religious school would consider offensive anyway.
mookie

Post by mookie » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:05 am

Well it is the oldest sport. Clearly God must have been the first wrestler.
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:24 am

Did it mention the Religion at American? Lafayette is actually Presbyterian Although I doubt their is anymore Chapel
than Lehigh. I actually wondered if we might be officially Episcopalian, Because there was a a very small living group, like 10 guys, that was pre divinity school. But no.

So who did Got first Wrestle? needed to have an opponent.

PAt Robertson said he wrestled the Devil So that Hurricane Gloria, 1985, would not destroy his Radio/TV transmitter. Of course then, in 1987-88 when he was running in the Iowa Primary, He was telling the Press that he had wrestled for Washington and Lee. After he dropped out of the primary, the Stillwater Hall of Fame, wanted details. The W+L SID looked him up, and said that he was never on the Varsity or Frosh Team, Maybe he wrestled an Intramural bout,
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:40 am

Ephesians 6:12
King James Version

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Yes, mookie, God was the first wrestler.
jdalu75

Post by jdalu75 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:11 pm

Richb-3 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:48 am Is there any Division Program at a school described as religious other than Sacred Heart?
Cal Baptist is a good bet. I heard that the Pac 12 might have admitted them if they'd been willing to change their name.
jdalu75

Post by jdalu75 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:15 pm

Oracle wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:40 am Ephesians 6:12
King James Version

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Yes, mookie, God was the first wrestler.
The Book of Genesis gives an account of Jacob wrestling with God. Jacob was winning so God injured his hip; obviously would have been a DQ under current rules.

I always thought that was where the "Oldest Sport" designation came from. That and the Greek urns.