Cornell Wrestling Forum

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
JAD77

Cornell Wrestling Forum

Post by JAD77 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:27 am

As someone who bleeds Brown and White, it almost pains me to post this, but the more EIWA interest that is generated, the better. For those who are not aware, there is an active Cornell wrestling site:

http://bigredbears.com/

whiz wit

Re: Cornell Wrestling Forum

Post by whiz wit » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:45 am

JAD77 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:27 am As someone who bleeds Brown and White, it almost pains me to post this, but the more EIWA interest that is generated, the better. For those who are not aware, there is an active Cornell wrestling site:

http://bigredbears.com/
How do you know they want us? We haven't been invited to my knowledge.
D3 for LU

Post by D3 for LU » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:21 pm

Their forum is the same format as the former Wrestling Report.
To the best of my knowledge, unlike the former Yahoo LU wrestling board, it's an open invite to all.
As a matter of fact, I strongly suspect that a well-known provocateur is presently posting there NOW. ;)
So far, the only Cornell linked poster on here, is NothingMeaningful.
Seawolf, red blades, ugarte(going by a different/but "similar"nom de guerre) et all are over there (naturally! :) )

As long as we're not Nastily posting stuff over there, we may be... "appreciated."
Well?
D3
Sir, a pint of you finest ale, please!
Never argue with an idiot... he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.
NothingMeaningful

Post by NothingMeaningful » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:09 pm

Come on in, the water's warm! Just don't make it warmer by peeing in it.

The point is to discuss wrestling, so the more the merrier.
jdalu75

Post by jdalu75 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:59 pm

And my nine-day internet outage comes to an end!

The Cornell forum is run by Mike Mankowich, a Cornell wrestler from the late '70s-early '80s. He contacted me back in November and asked if I thought it would be useful for him to set up fora for the other EIWA schools and for the EIWA itself. My feedback was that the collapse of the WR EIWA forum left a void, especially around tournament time; also thought Lehigh fans would post on a Lehigh-themed forum even if it's maintained by a member of the Evil Empire. Was less sure about other schools, since I was unsure of their support.

He was talking about getting it going within a few weeks, but that was in mid-November so I can only guess that he was sidetracked by other priorities. We always have time in two weeks ....
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:22 pm

Confirming recent rumors, Max Dean has entered the transfer portal. Rumored that he and Gabe are looking to return to Michigan.
NothingMeaningful

Post by NothingMeaningful » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:33 pm

whiz wit wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:22 pm Confirming recent rumors, Max Dean has entered the transfer portal. Rumored that he and Gabe are looking to return to Michigan.
He did just get spanked by Foca at the Last Chance Qualifiers, but doubtful that's the reason (although if he can't beat Foca, Max has nowhere to go). That would leave Berreyesa at 174, I guess.

Still: Greg D/Vito/Yianni/Saunders/Yapoujian/Ramirez/Berreyesa/Foca/Darmstadt/Fernandes. I'll take it.
mookie

Post by mookie » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:58 pm

It's a new day in college sports. Now, athletes truly have freedom to transfer without penalty. Lehigh needs to get busy working the transfer portal.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:23 pm

mookie wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:58 pm It's a new day in college sports. Now, athletes truly have freedom to transfer without penalty. Lehigh needs to get busy working the transfer portal.
>>>>>>> Agree
lu_alum

Post by lu_alum » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:58 am

NothingMeaningful wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:33 pm
whiz wit wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:22 pm Confirming recent rumors, Max Dean has entered the transfer portal. Rumored that he and Gabe are looking to return to Michigan.
He did just get spanked by Foca at the Last Chance Qualifiers, but doubtful that's the reason (although if he can't beat Foca, Max has nowhere to go). That would leave Berreyesa at 174, I guess.

Still: Greg D/Vito/Yianni/Saunders/Yapoujian/Ramirez/Berreyesa/Foca/Darmstadt/Fernandes. I'll take it.
Also speculation that the vaccine mandate could have something to do with the decision:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/edu ... 107778002/