LU Lower Weights 21-22

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Oracle

Re: LU Lower Weights 21-22

Post by Oracle » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:34 am

whiz wit wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:24 pm LU should field the team that will do best in dual meets and in the EIWA Championships. Forget the Nationals. They're a lost cause these days.
>>>>>>>>> A most ridiculous statement. You snapshot this past COVID year where there was no regular practices until very late in the year, our top guy entered very late in the year, a gazillion true frosh wrestled varsity bouts --- and you came up with this conclusion?

Lehigh's track record at nationals has been terrific. No reason to abandon NCAA goals. I doubt many agree with your post yet it does prove my point. BTW, I'm glad you follow the team -- just disagree with your post.

whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:12 pm

Oracle wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:34 am
whiz wit wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:24 pm LU should field the team that will do best in dual meets and in the EIWA Championships. Forget the Nationals. They're a lost cause these days.
>>>>>>>>> A most ridiculous statement. You snapshot this past COVID year where there was no regular practices until very late in the year, our top guy entered very late in the year, a gazillion true frosh wrestled varsity bouts --- and you came up with this conclusion?

Lehigh's track record at nationals has been terrific. No reason to abandon NCAA goals. I doubt many agree with your post yet it does prove my point. BTW, I'm glad you follow the team -- just disagree with your post.
LU's track record at nationals from 2014 through 2019 was 12th through 15th. This year they finished in the mid 20's just ahead of Bucknell . You call that recent record "terrific"? And those finishes in '14-19 were with high placers on the team. In a diminished field this past season nobody made the round of 12 and none of the incoming class has credentials that make him a high AA candidate in his first year. And the nationals are getting tougher. Look at the heavyweight class this season, for example.

Would you like to bet a couple of Greekers on LU finishing in the top 15 at the nationals this season?

Too many very good teams getting better high school talent than LU these days.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:26 pm

whiz wit: why do you come on the Lehigh wrestling forum and post these really derogatory comments about the program and staff? -- or do you not see that because you're "just trying to be honest?" Total garbage that should be kept to yourself or discussed privately if you must spew.
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:57 pm

Oracle wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:26 pm whiz wit: why do you come on the Lehigh wrestling forum and post these really derogatory comments about the program and staff? -- or do you not see that because you're "just trying to be honest?" Total garbage that should be kept to yourself or discussed privately if you must spew.
I guess I mistakenly thought this was a forum for the exchange of ideas and opinions and and not a site for the cheerleaders to post their rah rah cheers.
NothingMeaningful

Post by NothingMeaningful » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:19 pm

whiz wit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:57 pm
Oracle wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:26 pm whiz wit: why do you come on the Lehigh wrestling forum and post these really derogatory comments about the program and staff? -- or do you not see that because you're "just trying to be honest?" Total garbage that should be kept to yourself or discussed privately if you must spew.
I guess I mistakenly thought this was a forum for the exchange of ideas and opinions and and not a site for the cheerleaders to post their rah rah cheers.
Are you new here?
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:48 pm

“The first rule of Lehigh Wrestling is you do not talk about Lehigh Wrestling”

Brad Pitt 1999

Unless it’s thru brown and white tinted glasses....
D3 for LU

Post by D3 for LU » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:39 am

whiz wit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:57 pm I guess I mistakenly thought this was a forum for the exchange of ideas and opinions and and not a site for the cheerleaders to post their rah rah cheers.
... does the spirit of Stovepipe flow through you? :o
Are you, somehow, related to him? ;)
Inquiring minds want to know. :P

D3
Sir, a pint of you finest ale, please!
Never argue with an idiot... he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:08 am

Yes, I chose to post positive comments, although many times I observe areas where a particular wrestler might improve.....like "improving from neutral" or "could use more strength for our D1 schedule" -- that's a far cry from being a 'cheerleader.'

No, your issue with me calling you out isn't about "discussing Lehigh wrestling and exchanging ideas" -- it's about respect. It is highly disrespectful to publicly post derogatory comments. There is no need for it. While I understand social media instant gratification has made it okay, it doesn't make it right and it never will. And just so there's no misunderstanding: you are free to post anything you want as long as you can take the heat when someone like me strongly disagrees. That doesn't make me a cheerleader. It makes me a guy who can stand next to any wrestler, coach, parent or fan and not blush. Can you say the same?

BTW, if you are posting on the Lehigh wrestling forum I'll assume you follow the team and probably root for the team. So why aren't you more of a cheerleader? Do you EVER see a Cornell fan make negative posts about their team? That doesn't make them cheerleaders, it makes them Cornell fans. Why do we have so many so-called Lehigh fans making garbage posts? On we go.
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:51 am

Oracle, if you had bothered to look at my postings on this site you'd find plenty that are complimentary, but no, you'd rather jump right in and virtue signal to the group that I'm a lousy fan. Respect? Maybe you should look in the mirror and respect your fellow fans' reasonable opinions instead of routinely dismissing them as "ridiculous". Very revealing that at first you characterized my opinion on the nationals as "ridiculous" but then when I responded to the provocation by laying out my reasoning, the comment was no longer "ridiculous" on its merits but I was being disrespectful. You're the biggest blowhard and bully on this site so how about dialing it down a few notches?
Asa Packer

Post by Asa Packer » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:51 am

"Forget the Nationals. They're a lost cause these days."

Not sure this is complimentary; or qualifies as exchange of ideas and opinions. But, whatever, dude....