Big News from Princeton

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
drd5748

Re: Big News from Princeton

Post by drd5748 » Fri May 20, 2022 8:38 pm

So we're now arguing where it was that legger introduced me to Ken, as if the location mattered. Huh? We did meet and Legger tried suckering me by asking if I thought the screen name represented 'being an asshole' - w/out knowing who I was about to meet. I answered "no" - and meant it - because what a person posts is often not at all like who or what they are.

The same can be said about the increasingly complicated world we live in - but since my favorite cousin (Methodist minister) is gay, and my favorite bro-in-law (I've had five) was gay, I refuse to live paranoid about how others choose to live. The bro-in-law used to vacation in FL every New Year's and leave his key under the mat in Evanston 5 min from NW, for me to use annually with every LU species traveling with me to Midlands: Mike Frick, McCorkel (& dad), Burley, Schuyler, Gimp, Garry Paul, et al. I used the master bed; didn't catch anything, gay or otherwise.

One vacation in Maine, my minister cousin asked me a favor in his vacation home town - would I join him in the local gay bar, so he didn't have to be alone while looking for new mates. Now THAT, I confess, I was not evolved enough to submit myself to; he got upset and I just said: "I helped you come out to the entire family" (around age 50; my Mom's reaction - my cuz's Mom's sister - was classic: "as if this is a surprise?")

I also confess I'm not evolved enough to support a man turned woman with an immediate major advantage due to the change. But it's the NCAA's responsibility, not Penn's. My guess (?) is that a redshirt year (or opt-year) should be mandatory to allow for the transition to be equitable. But for the rest of my year, I'll try to keep evolving to "allow" any human to become whatever they want to be, whether LBGQTXYZ ... the sooner their rights are respected, the sooner they can stop parading about it to claim those rights.

I can't recall the last time I've paraded as hetero (and that was just a joke).

Oracle

Post by Oracle » Sat May 21, 2022 10:39 am

My comment was not about being gay -- it was about 'pronouns' -- I respect Georgie Porgie's position, but that was my point: when will it be equally acceptable to stake out a position of "no thank you" without being chastised and run off campus? Unfortunately, that's the climate we are in (nationwide) and it's a real shame we can't exercise our 1A rights without being canceled. IMO, the vast majority on this agree but refuse to say so. Let's leave the gay part out; it's a red herring to divert attention away from the real topic that started this thread.
LUEngineer

Post by LUEngineer » Sat May 21, 2022 8:55 pm

I agree with mountain Hawk all the way on the subject of this thread & costs continue to increase as colleges & businesses feel pressured to hire people who are seriously abnormal & extreme in their beliefs.
Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Sat May 21, 2022 9:22 pm

Not sure what credential drd is trying to bestow upon himself but it bears no relevance to this discussion. The notion of a redshirt year to get the hormones correct is laughable. The solution is quite simple. Mens events, womens events, and if we must, an Other category. In athletics and in life it is a question of biology - not choice. Don’t rob biological women of their athletics. That’s all that’s happening right now.

Wrestling included by the way. Why happens if our backup 197 decides he feels pretty next year and decides to compete for a women’s team. Sound ridiculous? That’s exactly what happened in the pool this past winter.
TMH

Post by TMH » Sat May 21, 2022 9:49 pm

Mountain Hawk wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 9:22 pm Not sure what credential drd is trying to bestow upon himself but it bears no relevance to this discussion. The notion of a redshirt year to get the hormones correct is laughable. The solution is quite simple. Mens events, womens events, and if we must, an Other category. In athletics and in life it is a question of biology - not choice. Don’t rob biological women of their athletics. That’s all that’s happening right now.

Wrestling included by the way. Why happens if our backup 197 decides he feels pretty next year and decides to compete for a women’s team. Sound ridiculous? That’s exactly what happened in the pool this past winter.
337 million people in this country and that is the tragedy that keeps you up at night.
Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Sun May 22, 2022 6:45 am

TMH wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 9:49 pm [quote="Mountain Hawk" post_id=45165 time=<a href="tel:1653182545">1653182545</a> user_id=416]
Not sure what credential drd is trying to bestow upon himself but it bears no relevance to this discussion. The notion of a redshirt year to get the hormones correct is laughable. The solution is quite simple. Mens events, womens events, and if we must, an Other category. In athletics and in life it is a question of biology - not choice. Don’t rob biological women of their athletics. That’s all that’s happening right now.

337 million people in this country and that is the tragedy that keeps you up at night.
[/quote]

The discussion of the topic seems to bother you more than anyone.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Sun May 22, 2022 9:09 am

MH: Agree. Not sure what TMH is defending. What keeps anyone up at night is their business. So that comment strays into the 'personal' column. Want to debate the merits, feel free. Want to take it personal, take a long walk off a short plank.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Sun May 22, 2022 9:10 am

LUEngineer wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 8:55 pm I agree with mountain Hawk all the way on the subject of this thread & costs continue to increase as colleges & businesses feel pressured to hire people who are seriously abnormal & extreme in their beliefs.
Agree
mookie

Post by mookie » Sun May 22, 2022 10:29 am

So, Ken didn't call DRD an asshole at Bucknell. So, who did? Well, Oracle didn’t do it, I know he was in Vermont. Couldn't have been me because I would never call him an asshole.

Maybe it was Mountain Hawk? Legger who was it that called DRD an asshole at Bucknell? Was it Mountain Hawk? Or maybe it was TMH?
legger

Post by legger » Sun May 22, 2022 11:34 am

**** Ok: I was wrong about the location of the conversation. Going back and checking my old EIWA Tournament papers and talking to my son Jake who was with me, Klehner (Nothing Meaningful) was correct about the location. Our conversation occurred at Hofstra Not Bucknell. I apologize for my mistake. However, I was correct about the conversation and Klehner did call Denny an A-hole. They had been feuding on the Forum for a while and I saw an opportunity to hopefully lessen the hostility by making an introduction, as I have often done at the EIWAs. I have introduced Oracle to Red Blades and his crew as well as other posters I have developed relationships with over the years.
I asked Klehner if he would like to meet Denny and he said yes. Denny was wrong in his description of the situation, by saying I tried to sucker him in. Denny was sitting about 2 rows over and down a row. I went over to him and asked if he wanted to meet Klehner and try to clear the air? He said ok, knowing full well who he was going to meet and the purpose. The meeting did not go well as Klehner clammed up and did not want to talk to Denny. You can only do so much in trying to less hostilities. But I still think it is a good idea. An example was when Mookie and Toast decided to host a get together for a number of posters between sessions of the EIWAs at Lehigh. Things went really well that day.