EIWA -- First-round Opponents

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
whiz wit

Re: EIWA -- First-round Opponents

Post by whiz wit » Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:05 pm

You guys who are going on and on about seeding as opposed to wrestling qua wrestling are at risk of incurring the contempt of Oracle. But wait a minute. Oracle is going on and on about seeding.

Red Blades

Post by Red Blades » Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:14 pm

Oracle wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:56 am Metrics? Getting sick of our world being governed by numbers, aren't you?
Metrics!? We don't need no stinkin' metrics!

NothingMeaningful

Post by NothingMeaningful » Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:08 pm

Oracle wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:58 am
NothingMeaningful wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:29 am
Oracle wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:56 am Metrics? Getting sick of our world being governed by numbers, aren't you?

What's wrong with the coaches arguing? That's what they get paid for. In the end, it's the fairest way.
What's wrong? How about asking *the coaches*, who chose the current system? I'm guessing they thought something was wrong with that system, and that this system was better.
>>>>>>> Not interested in asking the coaches -- this is my opinion. I take it yours is whatever the coaches think. This isn't rocket science, yet they are making it so.
You asked "what's wrong with the coaches arguing?" I addressed your question.

My opinion is that this is the current seeding process, like it or not. I'm not an EIWA coach, so I don't have insight into why *they* changed to process to what it is now. Perhaps JDA can provide insight into what occurred.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:33 pm

I simply saying I disagree with it --- not looking for an explanation. Obviously, the coaches gave their blessing to this. Now they have to live with the results. There are only a few teams that it matters to so we shouldn't expect a groundswell of objection from the teams with little to no chance of having qualifiers. Cornell, Penn, Lehigh, Princeton are the main targets. Glory, Yianni and Humphreys are, in reality, unaffected. McGonagle and Brignola are not. But the 3 aforementioned *could* have been affected. That's my point.
ikeremix

Post by ikeremix » Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:27 pm

NothingMeaningful wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:08 pm
I'm not an EIWA coach
But you play one on this forum……or did you just sleep at a holiday inn express last night Klehner?
NothingMeaningful

Post by NothingMeaningful » Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:28 pm

ikeremix wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:27 pm
NothingMeaningful wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:08 pm
I'm not an EIWA coach
But you play one on this forum……or did you just sleep at a holiday inn express last night Klehner?
We're getting lots of meaningful contributions here today...