Should be called IvyEIWA

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Oracle

Should be called IvyEIWA

Post by Oracle » Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:10 pm

After day 1, five of the top 6 teams are Ivy. There’s a good chance the first 4 weights will feature all-Ivy finalists.

Cornell, Penn and Princeton get a lot of hype, but Columbia is for real and Harvard is having a nice tournament.

I wonder what if Brown will ever be back? Good young coach but they are the only Ivy really struggling. Their recruiting backyard is non-existent. Harvard too, but they’re Harvard and Jay is a veteran coach.

I like the way Lehigh is battling. Had some tough breaks with McG going down and Hines caught out of position in that weird scramble. Give Kazmir credit. At 149, it’s 2 Jersey kids fighting it out — this time Fongaro won. Herceg battling. Logan with 2:21 RT!!!! WTF?

Taking Taylor to win it. Goldin wrestled him a few times and knew how to defend. I think Taylor trucks the Harvard kid in the semis.

Logan / Mulhauser rematch next. Mulhauser is very good for a true frosh. Hope Logan can take this one.

Bailey should win over Leete. LU could end up with 7 placers. About on target minus the McG default out.

lu90

Re: Should be called IvyEIWA

Post by lu90 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:11 am

Oracle wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:10 pm After day 1, five of the top 6 teams are Ivy. There’s a good chance the first 4 weights will feature all-Ivy finalists.

Cornell, Penn and Princeton get a lot of hype, but Columbia is for real and Harvard is having a nice tournament.

I wonder what if Brown will ever be back? Good young coach but they are the only Ivy really struggling. Their recruiting backyard is non-existent. Harvard too, but they’re Harvard and Jay is a veteran coach.

I like the way Lehigh is battling. Had some tough breaks with McG going down and Hines caught out of position in that weird scramble. Give Kazmir credit. At 149, it’s 2 Jersey kids fighting it out — this time Fongaro won. Herceg battling. Logan with 2:21 RT!!!! WTF?

Taking Taylor to win it. Goldin wrestled him a few times and knew how to defend. I think Taylor trucks the Harvard kid in the semis.

Logan / Mulhauser rematch next. Mulhauser is very good for a true frosh. Hope Logan can take this one.

Bailey should win over Leete. LU could end up with 7 placers. About on target minus the McG default out.
lu90 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:02 pm
mookie wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:24 pm Good thing they had 3 weeks to prepare.
The way the standings look right now, they may rename the "EIWA's" to the "Ivy League Championships". Good thing Yale doesn't have a team.
Yeah, good idea.
lu_alum

Post by lu_alum » Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:18 am

This is nothing new. The EIWA has been Ivy (Cornell, Penn, Harvard, Princeton) & Lehigh for the better part of the last 25 years, sprinkling Navy into the mix every few years for good measure. And Lehigh was a missing part of that equation for the better part of 10-12 years before then.

EIWA may currently have 17 teams, but it's pretty much garbage once you get beyond the top 4-5 teams on a year-to-year basis.
1/2NELSON

Post by 1/2NELSON » Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:41 pm

lu_alum wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:18 am This is nothing new. The EIWA has been Ivy (Cornell, Penn, Harvard, Princeton) & Lehigh for the better part of the last 25 years, sprinkling Navy into the mix every few years for good measure. And Lehigh was a missing part of that equation for the better part of 10-12 years before then.

EIWA may currently have 17 teams, but it's pretty much garbage once you get beyond the top 4-5 teams on a year-to-year basis.
COME-ON MAN,.."garbage?",..ya know WHAT it takes! :oops: