NCAA Brackets

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Spladle1989

Re: NCAA Brackets

Post by Spladle1989 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:51 am

FloridaGuy wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:10 am >>>>>>>> I understand both sides of the “ don’t use previous years results in seeding”——— ultimately just using current years results seems fairer to me.

The NCAA seeding is light years better than EIWAs clown show———- and showed the fallacy of EIWAs over emphasis on number of matches and RPI.

In response to spladle:

Every analysis of seeding shows the higher seeds, on average, perform better and score more team points than lower seeds.

Saying McG’s seed didn’t hurt Lehigh is to say it doesn’t matter whether McG faces Vito in the semis or the finals

McG’s 4th seed was absurd and hurt him and Lehigh in a big way———- EIWA seeds obviously hurt Lehigh.

Thankfully, the NCAA corrected the EIWAs seeding joke and properly seeded Bucknell well below McG

Well the part about seedings being wrong is debatable based on the why of them being wrong,

Hurt Lehigh=Incorrect

JAD77

Post by JAD77 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:05 pm

PLEASE - Florida Guy and Spladle - give it a rest!! You guys have both made your opinions VERY clear.

With the NCAA's a week away, there is more than enough other "stuff" to talk about.

Any posters heading to Tulsa? I'll be flying out Wednesday.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:18 pm

This blasted knee replacement prevents me from going. My brother Pete lives in Edmond just north of OKC. The drive to Tulsa is a little over an hour. Old timer and former AA Ron Russo is flying in from Michigan and the 2 of them will watch from Oklahoma U section. They had to donate to the Sooner WC but another LIer Jack Spates brokered the deal for them.

It’s going to be a great show. IMO the greatest wrestling event in the world for spectators including the Olympics.
legger

Post by legger » Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:05 pm

**** O good luck with your knee replacement. I had that in 2018. The first 6-8 weeks Suck. After that you will be happy. The knee is much worse than a hip which I had in 2009. They said it would last 17 years, I am 14 into it, but I am having issues again. Again, good luck.
JAD77

Post by JAD77 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:12 pm

Oracle wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:18 pm It’s going to be a great show. IMO the greatest wrestling event in the world for spectators including the Olympics.
Ton of fun. Saturday is incredible, with the finals being practically electric.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:21 pm

legger wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:05 pm **** O good luck with your knee replacement. I had that in 2018. The first 6-8 weeks Suck. After that you will be happy. The knee is much worse than a hip which I had in 2009. They said it would last 17 years, I am 14 into it, but I am having issues again. Again, good luck.
>>>>>> I had the left knee done on Feb 13th. It’s been a bear.
Stopped meds a little too soon and couldn’t sleep. So back on and much improved. At my age it ain’t easy but I’m determined to do the rehab.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:24 pm

In this tournament, even the last 4-5 seeds are tough. The top 20 are dangerous. The top 15 are ever present threats. Top 10s can win it all. I laugh when they talk about ‘upsets’ — in The Animal Show I submit there is hardly such a thing.
herb2crows

Post by herb2crows » Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:55 pm

We should start a separate forum on joint replacements. I had both my knees replaced in 08, and my only regret is I didn't do it earlier. NCAAs is a bunch of short guys with orthopedic problems. My surgeon was a former heavyweight.
Asa Packer

Post by Asa Packer » Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:02 pm

I'm surprised/disappointed in Samuelson's seed. Seems low for EIWA champ. Without me taking time to research his "big" wins during the season. Or, records of half dozen guys above him. Anyone care to agree/disagree?
NothingMeaningful

Post by NothingMeaningful » Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:20 pm

Asa Packer wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:02 pm I'm surprised/disappointed in Samuelson's seed. Seems low for EIWA champ. Without me taking time to research his "big" wins during the season. Or, records of half dozen guys above him. Anyone care to agree/disagree?
His RPI and his final coaches' poll ranking were both 18. He lost to everyone who was ranked #15 or higher (according to wrestlestat rankings). AFAIK, he has exactly two wins over NQ folks this year (Nolan and Key): that's terrible (quality wins are a criteria for seeding). All he has going for him is the conference 1st place and winning percentage.