Super 32

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
martinsilvestri

Re: Super 32

Post by martinsilvestri » Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:50 am

Ziegler loses and is out. Appeared to be having problems with knee.

NothingMeaningful

Post by NothingMeaningful » Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:04 am

Spladle1989 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:54 am Wow you cheer for a lot of teams….
No, just trying to be helpful, in case you were interested in more than just Lock Haven.
martinsilvestri

Post by martinsilvestri » Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:14 am

NothingMeaningful wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:04 am No, just trying to be helpful,
Sure.

NM, I cannot imagine what it would be like to lurk in an online forum for an opposing, lower-ranked team's fans, day after day, seemingly to point out the team's failures. I genuinely find it fascinating how someone could get to that point. Is there some sort of psychological explanation? Do you feel rejected among your own team's fans? Maybe some vicarious issue related to your daughter attending Lehigh? Really bizarre stuff.
NothingMeaningful

Post by NothingMeaningful » Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:54 am

martinsilvestri wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:14 am
NothingMeaningful wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:04 am No, just trying to be helpful,
Sure.

NM, I cannot imagine what it would be like to lurk in an online forum for an opposing, lower-ranked team's fans, day after day, seemingly to point out the team's failures. I genuinely find it fascinating how someone could get to that point. Is there some sort of psychological explanation? Do you feel rejected among your own team's fans? Maybe some vicarious issue related to your daughter attending Lehigh? Really bizarre stuff.
I suggest you look up the meaning of "lurk" wrt online forums.

I have never pointed out Lehigh's failures. I have always respected Lehigh's staff and wrestlers. Always. Point me to those oh-so-many places where I seemingly point out Lehigh's failures. Did I even comment on how the Lehigh commits have done this weekend? Who brought up Cornell in this thread? I even once started a thread congratulating Humphreys on his NCAA tournament success (and I make the effort to spell his name correctly). Lehigh always brings it against Cornell in dual meets.

I was here when Lehigh recently was doing better than Cornell, so that's another questionable comment.

I'm recently retired, and among other things I enjoy discussing college wrestling. Lehigh and Cornell have an obvious rivalry, and rivalries are fun to discuss (until some here get nasty: see above). Is that an issue for you? Why does my personal life interest you so much? That is the really bizarre stuff. Can't you just talk about wrestling, and maybe have fun doing it?

I'm spending the early morning watching some Super 32 matches. I'm now going food shopping for the week. When I come back, I'll do a very hard ~90 minute ride on my bike in the basement (I'm approaching 7,000 miles this year so far, mostly on the road). Grab some of Friday's bolognese for lunch, maybe put up the deer netting around the rhododendron for the winter. I'll practice the violin for an hour, then make dinner for me and my wife. Let me know if you need any more personal info in your effort to psychoanalyze me.
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:11 am

NM, you left something out. What's for dinner?
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:12 am

Shotgun works much better for the deer problem, plus if you use it right you’ll have to go food shopping less….and as an added plus less car/deer accidents in the hood….
NothingMeaningful

Post by NothingMeaningful » Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:33 am

whiz wit wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:11 am NM, you left something out. What's for dinner?

Sorry. Chili crisp salmon with asparagus. Easy and tasty family favorite. Source the chili crisp at a good Asian market.

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/102 ... -asparagus
NothingMeaningful

Post by NothingMeaningful » Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:35 am

Spladle1989 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:12 am Shotgun works much better for the deer problem, plus if you use it right you’ll have to go food shopping less….and as an added plus less car/deer accidents in the hood….
They frown on firing guns in my town, unfortunately. Wife tries to be mostly vegetarian, and especially we avoid red meat. Funny: deer ran into my wife's car a month ago; we just got it back from the shop. Lucky that it is covered by comprehensive insurance rather than collision, so only a $500 deductible.
martinsilvestri

Post by martinsilvestri » Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:11 pm

oh, give me a break. you incessantly chime in to twist the knife on lehigh's struggles. nobody asked you to compile the stats on every other opponent's commits lol. don't play the victim like a coward.

i expect some good-natured harassment around a dual meet but this is straight-up trolling and it's weird. all i can say is you've got a pretty hospitable forum here to tolerate that, so i hope you appreciate that. for me this is all just a little too dismal. enjoy your dinner.
NothingMeaningful

Post by NothingMeaningful » Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:31 pm

martinsilvestri wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:11 pm oh, give me a break. you incessantly chime in to twist the knife on lehigh's struggles.
Give examples, please. Since I do this "incessantly," it should be easy to come up with lots of such posts.

The amount of vitriol you spew *at each other* belies your claim of "hospitable."