By the Numbers

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Mountain Hawk

Re: By the Numbers

Post by Mountain Hawk » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:50 am

LU61 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:37 am Wheras there is the cornbelt tractorboy push-push-push to the edge effort to get stalling called,
Crookham will need to be prepared for this at NCAAs and the referees who reward it

LU61

Post by LU61 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:12 pm

Yes. Good point. I’m hopeful that the lightening-quick movement Crookham is capable of, as seen in his last takedown of Vito, will be seen again. He and coaches will be prepping for this.
LU61

Yes. Good point. I’m hopeful that the lightening-quick movement Crookham is capable of, as seen in his last takedown of Vito, will be seen again. He and coaches will be prepping for this.
LU61

1/2NELSON

Post by 1/2NELSON » Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:10 pm

Very impressive, you MATH majors and your statistical algorithms, etc.,in contrast to my SAT score in Math which was deplorable! :oops: Whatever, I'm I'm old-school, and have always been a proponent of the keeping-it-simple-stupid philosophy or KISS. I'm also NOT all that enamored with the give everyone a MEDAL/ribbon philosophy that's prevalent in today's market place! IMO the mind-boggling # of allocations for THE DANCE are outlandish,.. nine/eleven in a few weight class from ONE conference, etc.,..COME-ON-MAN! :o

https://www.ncaa.com/news/wrestling/art ... tions-2024

Here's HOW my Tournament would look, as there are presently SEVEN Conferences that feed this annual Event, and will be EIGHT next season with addition of the "elitists" from the Ivy League. :lol: Here's the KICKER though,..only the CHAMP advances from each weight class in each Conference, creating a very nice, and manageable EIGHT man bracket. Hell, ya could WRESTLE this off in a single day, or ya could spread it out over a couple days allowing for Media-Day, and a chance to MEET & GREET the Wrestlers in their respective weight-classes. This would also allow for the much need BS sessions with some old team-mates/old-timers over a few COLD-ONES! 8-)

I'm somewhat FLUID as to Wrestle-Backs to fill the steps on the stair-case, and making their trip worth-wild. Quite possibly,.. ONE chair, the proverbial throne for the CHAMPION! Present him with roses, a trip to Hawaii, whatever, or just the obligatory HAND-SHAKE,..for a job well done. ;)

BTW,..why do I get the feeling I might be the only ONE sitting at this Tournament! :lol:
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:21 pm

IMO, and many others agree, the NCAA D1 tournament is the most exciting tournament in the world. If you change anything, let the D2 and D3 champs enter. That was always fun.
BP-LU87

Post by BP-LU87 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:33 pm

By the numbers…..Flo just published number of NCAA qualifiers by school…interesting list with 2 more notable items jumping out initially to me aside from all of the teams with all 10 going…..Little Rock with 5 ( same as Oklahoma and Wisconsin) and Drexel with zero (F&M with 2)

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/1 ... -by-school

Drexel coach (Azevedo) has to be on the hot seat if they care at all about wrestling.