No Juice

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
FloridaGuy

Re: No Juice

Post by FloridaGuy » Thu May 09, 2024 9:35 pm

>>>>> Reply to spladle:

I just stated facts———Lehigh brought in three guys in the last 2 years that became AAs whereas only one of cu’s AAs was a recent recruit.

Not a knock on cu——just a recognition that Lehigh brought in some recruits that fill mookster’s juice glass.

cu, along with every major team has recruits/ young guys with AA potential——- we’ll see how things shake out in the future.

Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Fri May 10, 2024 9:18 am

Exactly you just stated facts......which on the surface look really impressive, but if you spend the time to look at why that is, not quite as impressive.......

Only replying to your quote:

"Reply to 0: a true statement can be positive, negative or neutral——— it depends on the situation, tone, intent, implication and perspective."

It cuts both ways
1/2NELSON

Post by 1/2NELSON » Fri May 10, 2024 11:55 am

theanswer wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 12:30 pm Mookie is right. No way Cornell should out recruit Lehigh that badly.
Cornell with a PIPE-LINE to DelBarton who is anually the top team in NJ. 8-)

Big-Red will dominate the elitists/ IVY LEAGUE in years to come, and will probably start next season ranked about where they ended the NCAA tournament,..at #3. :roll:
Justafan

Post by Justafan » Thu May 16, 2024 6:54 pm

Perhaps I missed it before but Flo has Vaughn Spencer now ranked in the Top 50 (actually #44) which is quite an accomplishment for someone who had his sophomore season end due to injury, doesn't wrestle freestyle to my knowledge and whose HS doesn't enter many of the high-caliber tournaments.

I think 197 may be our next logjam. Not the worse problem to have.
FloridaGuy

Post by FloridaGuy » Thu May 16, 2024 8:19 pm

>>>>>>> Several comments:

Spencer won his PA AAA title at 172. Maybe 197 is in his future, but let’s see which weight he wrestles as a hs Sr.

Projecting cu as a pre-season #3 is a big stretch with Vito and Cardenas leaving. Shapiro is returning but improving on his 3rd place finish will be tough as his weight class is stacked. Foca and Ramirez have AA potential——but neither made AA this past yr. Dominate the Ivies——sure, but NCAA pre-season 3rd isn’t happening.
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Thu May 16, 2024 9:45 pm

Spencer was up a weight as a sophomore to stay away from Rocco Welsh. Unless he has a growth spurt likely not over 184 at LU
NothingMeaningful

Post by NothingMeaningful » Fri May 17, 2024 7:47 am

FloridaGuy wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:19 pm >>>>>>> Several comments:

Spencer won his PA AAA title at 172. Maybe 197 is in his future, but let’s see which weight he wrestles as a hs Sr.

Projecting cu as a pre-season #3 is a big stretch with Vito and Cardenas leaving. Shapiro is returning but improving on his 3rd place finish will be tough as his weight class is stacked. Foca and Ramirez have AA potential——but neither made AA this past yr. Dominate the Ivies——sure, but NCAA pre-season 3rd isn’t happening.

Wrt pre-season rankings: Wrestlestat had Cornell #7 pre-season 2023-24. Flo had them #8 pre-season. You seem to think that Cornell has nobody to replace those who left (acknowledging that Vito is impossible to replace). For instance, Simon Ruiz at 174 who as a grey shirt last year beat AA Wolak and lost to AA Welsh in SV (as a HS senior, he majored Frinzi). Michael Dellagatta lost to Cardenas 2-0 last year at 197. Vito leaving clears out 125/133 for both Diakomihalis and Ungar to start.
FloridaGuy

Post by FloridaGuy » Fri May 17, 2024 9:23 am

>>>>>> Reply to NM: I made no reference to cu having guys on the bench that might replace Vito or Cardenas because every team has young guys with upside potential.

There is a huge difference, however, between proven high level AAs/NCAA champs and guys with potential. as you acknowledged, replacing Vito is impossible.
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Fri May 17, 2024 6:34 pm

I think LU has done a better job of developing wrestlers than CU in recent years. CU has recruited more high school superstars and has overall out recruited LU by a wide margin, yet LU has kept up with CU on their dual meets and EIWA's.

CU has the advantage of offering a CU degree without having to negotiate the real CU, and I think gray shirting offers an advantage over red shirting in that the CU kids can concentrate on wrestling while taking a limited number of easier community college courses and then matriculating as more mature wrestlers a year later versus a LU kid having to take a real freshman course load while wrestling at the same time.
Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Fri May 17, 2024 6:42 pm

whiz wit wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 6:34 pm I think LU has done a better job of developing wrestlers than CU in recent years. CU has recruited more high school superstars and has overall out recruited LU by a wide margin, yet LU has kept up with CU on their dual meets and EIWA's.

CU has the advantage of offering a CU degree without having to negotiate the real CU, and I think gray shirting offers an advantage over red shirting in that the CU kids can concentrate on wrestling while taking a limited number of easier community college courses and then matriculating as more mature wrestlers a year later versus a LU kid having to take a real freshman course load while wrestling at the same time.
Thank God they don’t have to negotiate the real CU because the real CU is quite the shitshow.