FLO Event

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Oracle

FLO Event

Post by Oracle » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:52 am

Flo Wrestling put on a really good show this past Friday night. Their production is op-notch.

My thoughts are mixed. Still not sold on some of the nit picky rules of 'going on he clock' what constitutes stepping OOB and fairly subjective looking calls such as getting both knees down for a TD even with full weight on both hands. But nothing's perfect so on we go.

Frank Chamizo is really good. Dake was very fortunate to win the bout. Very fortunate. Chamizo wrestling at 79kg instead of his natural 74kg was a disadvantage. The guy uses a rope-a-dope then is lightning quick when attacking. If Dake gets by Burroughs he and Chamizo may meet for Gold at 74kg.

The other guy who was super impressive was Vito Arujau. Very impressive from his feet. Wrestling at 140 and handling Alvarez quite easily means he could go 133 with no problem. If we ever see college wrestling again.

Oh yeah, David Taylor is a freak. The U.S. National Team is loaded from 74 kg on up.

mookie

Re: FLO Event

Post by mookie » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:02 pm

Except for the obligatory FLO server glitch for the first 30 minutes it was an outstanding show. Agree on Arujau he's really good!

Dake just might be the best U.S. wrestler that I've ever seen - better than Cael. All he does is win. Chamizo kept it close but they could wrestle 10 times and Dake wins them all.

PSU guys looked outstanding - RBY and Taylor.

Would have liked to have seen Downey but he's proven to be a complete dirtbag.
D3 for LU

Post by D3 for LU » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:24 pm

I watched that FLO event on Saturday nite... except for the glitch after the Arujau bout, it went well.
(Some posters over on TheMat forum were brutal towards FLO... and the trolling over there would've made Nit Kid look like an amatuer! :shock: )
Long breaks in between, from what I gathered, was the cleaning of the area/mats afterwards due to covid-19.
I also figured that, had the end of the bout between Dake & Chamizo went another 5-15 sec. longer... Chamizo would've scored.
I thought that Dake would've blasted thru him. Though some said Chamizo's "rope-a-dope" negated that possibility.
D3
Sir, a pint of you finest ale, please!
Never argue with an idiot... he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:58 pm

>>Dake just might be the best U.S. wrestler that I've ever seen - better than Cael. All he does is win. Chamizo kept it close but they could wrestle 10 times and Dake wins them all.

..... In your humble opinion (all we have when we post). While I haven't been fond of the officiating for Dake-Burroughs, JB has won the bouts which prevents Kyle from being the best I've ever seen. Couple more Worlds - like 2-3 and he can talk, as he's fond of doing.
If Chamizo bulks up to 79kg .... ?