And the Head Coach Clock restarts. Tick-Tock....

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
datruph

Re: And the Head Coach Clock restarts. Tick-Tock....

Post by datruph » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:20 pm

sterrett will hire a guy who sees lehigh the same way he does. checcini, brisson have to be front runners. they will go offensive over defensive because joe is an offensive minded guy...qb. if no wow name is on the agenda then checcini or brisson would have to be the man. although i have posted checcini, brisson is probably most likely first. think about it. the staff is doing there job as if business goes on. if somebody new was coming in you would see our guys jumping. its going to stay in house. if checcini is hired i think brisson stays and hopefully kashurba stays as the defensive coordinator. sutyak will go. it just makes sense. nobody is leaving on there own currently. seems likes its going to stay in house. whether we like brisson or not does not matter. he fits...most of staff will stay and coen will be welcomed in by these guys. IT JUST MAKES SENSE... think about it??? Folmar just isnt in the mix. he just moved out...

jimk72

Post by jimk72 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:46 pm

Its apparent the program has gradually become stale under this 13 year administration. Most would with the same leadership over this period of time. Andy's unfortunate situation didn't help. And as we've all acknowledged, FCS has changed quite a bit in the last 5 to 6 years.. That's why my hope is to go completely outside the program. We need a fresh, new, younger look. A safe older pick might give us the best chance for PL mediocrity, but we've always aspired to more.

And I don't see maintenance of the existing staff as an all consuming concern. It certainly would be nice to keep the best. But a sharp coaching candidate probably did his homework already and has an idea of who he'd like to keep if he gets the gig.
FBCSLEh

Post by FBCSLEh » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:22 pm

Just got word that the decision will be made this coming week, possibly on Monday. Any ideas on who it would be? I think its gonna be a defensive guy.
Lu15

Post by Lu15 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:27 pm

Per multiple sources.....down to 3. Folmer and Dave C are out! Expect a defensive minded coach!
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:07 am

Wow...if true. Kashurba and Gilmore in the mix, then? and who else?
Go Lehigh TU Owl

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:11 am

Lu15 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:27 pm Per multiple sources.....down to 3. Folmer and Dave C are out! Expect a defensive minded coach!
Gilmore being a serious candidate definitely makes sense. Kasburba was his DC at HC and could easily slide in that position now. Plus, you could add Assistant HC to his title. Brisson then would remain as the OC. Gilmore was well liked and is definitely a passionate guy but his record is sketchy at best. Sterrett isn't getting younger so everyone better be all in if that's where things head.

And Kashurba might be one of the three himself.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:02 am

One other name to consider is one from LFN"s prior list: Don Dobes the DC at Dartmouth. He has done wonders at Hanover. However, he's been around awhile, my guess is he's late 50's early '60's, so Joe may want a younger HC. But for one with a 'defensive' slant, he's certainly worth a look.
Lu15

Post by Lu15 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:17 am

The third name, Jim Clements, watch him come aboard as DC or assistant head coach and position coach! As for OC either Brisson or a hot shot up and comer from CAA
Lu15

Post by Lu15 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:19 am

Or Kash has the role Bott had toward end and Clements as DC!
IPSY1975

Post by IPSY1975 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:01 am

First,It's good that Sterrett wants a Defensive HC because I don't think we can maintain the same approach that has not been working for years..D has to be fixed

Secondly, tell me I am wrong but we don't have to worry about fielding a good Offense since season after season we have produced points. That said,insert a new OC or keep who we have

Thirdly, the elephant in the room must be addressed i.e. how to take this program to the next level in the FCS. Why not revamp the Scholarship with Financial Aid packages like Ivies have figured out?? Does Lehigh and PL have ability to follow suit?

I want a new HC that lobbies for these points ...period.

Favorites: Venuto from Villanova or FCS/ Ivy Coordinator.