Levi Stoudt

Patriot League challengers year-in, year out. Guys in the big show. All that's needed now is a return to Patriot League Championships.
TMH

Levi Stoudt

Post by TMH » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:11 pm

Big Congratulations to Levi Stoudt who was chosen in the 3rd Round (#97) in the MLB draft by the Seattle Mariners.

https://lehighsports.com/news/2019/6/4/ ... iners.aspx

On a side note, I just noticed that Mark Washington has not been picked up by anyone this year. Matt McBride is the only Lehigh product currently playing professionally at least in the minor league system that I know of.

TMH

Re: Levi Stoudt

Post by TMH » Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:57 pm

Here is the scouting report for Levi Stoudt for this year, whenever that is.

8. Levi Stoudt, RHP | R/R | 12.4.97 | 6-1 / 200

Stoudt, 24, is a four-pitch right-hander with a plus fastball into the mid-90s and touching 98 with hop and arm side run. The best secondary is a firm (84-88) Vulcan-grip changeup that flashes plus and may end up a 70-grade offering.

Stoudt’s slider ticked up in 2021, but it’s still an average pitch, and his curveball remains below average entering this season. The easy projection here is a late-inning reliever, but the fastball has too much value and the slider too much promise to banish Stoudt to such a role just yet, especially considering there were times a year ago the slider was big-league average.

He’s a good athlete with a simple, repeatable delivery, suggesting better control and command is in the offing.

Stoudt likely starts 2022 in Double-A Arkansas and has a chance to see the majors by year’s end in a relief role, but a bit more consistency in pounding the zone could get him there as a starter early in 2023.

Good luck Levi
TMH

Re: Levi Stoudt

Post by TMH » Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:12 pm

Levi was in the mix for the 5th spot in the Mariner's rotation. I think he has a good shot to see some action in the majors before the year is over.

https://www.mlb.com/news/levi-stoudt-ma ... -candidate