Spring roster

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
KBees

Re: Spring roster

Post by KBees » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:00 pm

LU808 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:16 pm
KBees wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:20 pm
LU808 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:26 pm

As a sophomore (2019): Appeared in final three games of season, starting final two… began season as third quarterback… went 8-for-15 for 84 yards and a touchdown in first career action at Bucknell (11/9)… threw for 246 yards in Lafayette game (11/23)… rushed for 54 net yards over three games.

Beesmer a Junior, has had some success but may have read the tea leaves with Wilkinson also a sophomore and gaining ground.
Summerville (sophomore) is likely a risk to bolt or look for a position change.
Shoup a Senior will stay to graduate - compete for 1st team or 1st back up
Perri and Shapiro (freshman) will battle for time and the heir apparent role if Wilkinson does indeed become the starter.
Complete conjecture and highly inaccurate.
That's why they call it an opinion and talking about things that might happen in the future is the very definition of conjecture....and your issue is?
You must not have a Lehigh degree or you skipped English. Conjecture is an opinion based upon incomplete information. So, before you run your mouth...get the info and facts.

RichH

Post by RichH » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:13 pm

OK fellas. Lets keept it civil.

Opinions are the lifeblood of the board. Particularly differing opinions :D .The issue here is not your opinions but the assumptions you base them on. Not your fault as the facts are not and will not be public. I do feel that for the most part what is said and done inside a team should stay inside the team. As issues arise they should be addressed by the staff and players not on a fan board.
LU808

Post by LU808 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:26 pm

KBees wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:00 pm
KBees wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:20 pm

Complete conjecture and highly inaccurate.
That's why they call it an opinion and talking about things that might happen in the future is the very definition of conjecture....and your issue is?
You must not have a Lehigh degree or you skipped English. Conjecture is an opinion based upon incomplete information. So, before you run your mouth...get the info and facts.
Smartass...did I say my comments were facts? They were my own opinions....and everyone is entitled to and express them, regardless of your overwhelming need to be the speech and thought police.

Think back, have you ever held an opinion and expressed such without all (and I mean all) the facts? Maybe a political conversation in the last year among friends peers and family? We ALL have and will continue to have...so please don't lecture me or anyone else about expressing our opinions on this Board. We are here having fun and do not need to be hassled. Ad since you asked - yes I have a Lehigh BS in Finance, a Pepperdine MBA and played 3 years in the 70s under Dunlap and Whitehead.

Enjoy the abbreviated season. I'm OUT ad DONE!
KBees

Post by KBees » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:00 pm

LU808 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:26 pm
KBees wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:00 pm

Smartass...did I say my comments were facts? They were my own opinions....and everyone is entitled to and express them, regardless of your overwhelming need to be the speech and thought police.

Think back, have you ever held an opinion and expressed such without all (and I mean all) the facts? Maybe a political conversation in the last year among friends peers and family? We ALL have and will continue to have...so please don't lecture me or anyone else about expressing our opinions on this Board. We are here having fun and do not need to be hassled. Ad since you asked - yes I have a Lehigh BS in Finance, a Pepperdine MBA and played 3 years in the 70s under Dunlap and Whitehead.

Enjoy the abbreviated season. I'm OUT ad DONE!
Actually no...I make a practice of doing my homework and collecting facts before I open my pie hole. I have found it to be a better approach in life. ✌🏻
Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:00 pm

This story suggests Wilkinson is starting at QB.

https://lehighsports.com/news/2021/3/11 ... cross.aspx

Looks pretty impressive (opinion). His junior year highlights.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4230536/58 ... 1318bc63f1

Should be an interesting afternoon.
RichH

Post by RichH » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:18 pm

Sundayamqb wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:00 pm This story suggests Wilkinson is starting at QB.

https://lehighsports.com/news/2021/3/11 ... cross.aspx

Looks pretty impressive (opinion). His junior year highlights.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4230536/58 ... 1318bc63f1

Should be an interesting afternoon.
Thanks Sunday. It will be interesting. A lot of new faces. A lot of talent if not experince.
van

Post by van » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:42 pm

anyone have a feel on Cross, do they have a lot coming back from 2019
Go Lehigh TU Owl

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:38 pm

van wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:42 pm anyone have a feel on Cross, do they have a lot coming back from 2019
Holy Cross is without question the favorite heading into the spring season. However, despite their status nothing REALLY stands out regarding the Crusaders besides their coach imo. Their best player is sophomore LB Jacob Dobbs. Outside of him there's a lot of nice pieces that fit together quite well.

Offensively, on paper there's not a whole lot that should scare Kashurba and company. Degenhardt is expected to be the QB. While he's a big strong guy Connor is not the most accurate/consistent passer around (maybe that's changed). They lost their stud RB and according to the HC board might be without their most experienced WR Ayeni. Sophomore Ayir Asante is a good player in his own right and will need to step up in if Ayeni can't go. HC's OL should be "good" but certainly not a unit that Lehigh's front 7 can't contend with.

Defensively Dobbs leads what should be a good front 7. The secondary lost quite a bit (both excellent safeties) iirc so the backend might be a weakness. HC struggled with athletic offenses in 2019 and I think that will remain their kryptonite.

Holy Cross is simply a very sound, well coached team with a couple of difference makers sprinkled in. I still think athletically Lehigh has the personnel to give them trouble. However, given the lack of continuity on offense, the issues along the OL and my concerns regarding Lehigh's staff vs Chesney and his staff gives me little confidence in Lehigh's ability to win the game, or even make a 4 quarter affair. I see Lehigh struggling mightily on offense which will allow HC to methodically pull away.
LUopa

Post by LUopa » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:01 am

HC is a 7.5 point fav if you're a bettor. 15 starters back. I think it's possible these 2 teams could meet again this spring season if things work out so I don't think we'll pull out all stops. The real prize this spring is getting into that league championship game and getting a couple more weeks on the field. As we have seen in FCS this spring, any prediction is likely to be wrong with opt outs, ncaa transfer portal open to all and super seniors with 5th year of football if money is available. Looking forward to it.