TRANSFER Patrick Duffy K

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
RichH

TRANSFER Patrick Duffy K

Post by RichH » Tue May 25, 2021 9:28 pm

A transfer from UMASS. Recruited by UMASS from Salesiansum HS Del Class of '19

5'10 150 K/P DNP either frosh or soph years

TMH

Re: TRANSFER Patrick Duffy K

Post by TMH » Tue May 25, 2021 11:27 pm

Thanks Rich,

At the moment I have mixed reactions.

On the upside, I already felt that PK was an area of need for this coming season. Duffy, I believe, is strictly a PK. A lot of the evaluation by now is old so I hope he has increased his leg strength and improved his FG accuracy while at UMass. I don't believe Lehigh has a kicking coach.

On the downside, unless there has been some movement in the roster, there are a bunch of slots currently taken up for the kicking game. As I've said before, most are punter first skillwise.

With that being said, there will be a lot of competition for playing time. Welcome aboard Pat.

Notice I didn't make one Dallas reference. :-) oops.
Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Wed May 26, 2021 2:42 am

Don't forget, placekicking is a three-headed monster.

You need a super kicker, which almost doesn't matter if the snap and and/or hold are weak.
RichH

Post by RichH » Wed May 26, 2021 12:12 pm

Saw some video from Patrick showing recent workouts for Kick coach service. Hit repeatedly from 55 yds.

we used to have a part time Kick coach on staff. He started his own company.

Kick group certainly large :D Hope we can get a consistent K and a good P
TMH

Post by TMH » Wed May 26, 2021 2:36 pm

I saw the videos too but I'm not sure what to make of them. They are like a short hi-light film under ideal conditions.

If I recall correctly, he was 7-12 in FG with a long of about 33 in HS. He was accurate in extra points. One kicking service gave him a 4 star which means D-2, D-3 or FCS WO.

UMass doesn't have a kicking coach either but he has continued to train. This should be an interesting competition for PT