Alex Stadler

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
RichH

Alex Stadler

Post by RichH » Sun May 30, 2021 10:03 pm

Coach Stadler now OL coach at Towson.

just what Lehigh need yet another OL coach. Hopefully one that is competent and stays for more than a cup of coffee :shock: :x

TMH

Re: Alex Stadler

Post by TMH » Sun May 30, 2021 11:22 pm

I agree Rich but I'm beginning to see the situation as chicken or the egg conundrum.

Is our offensive line underperforming because of a steady rotation of OL line coaches or do we have a steady rotation of OL coaches because our OL is underperforming?

Most, if not all of these moves seem to be horizontal to me.

Just an observation.
Go Lehigh TU Owl

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:37 pm

RichH wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:03 pm Coach Stadler now OL coach at Towson.

just what Lehigh need yet another OL coach. Hopefully one that is competent and stays for more than a cup of coffee :shock: :x
Gilmore is known for extremely high assistant turnover from his time at Holy Cross (even by FCS standards). This is to be expected. Hopefully the new guy can figure it out before he bolts....
TMH

Post by TMH » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:13 pm

I have no idea what is considered typical for an FCS school, although I suspect that turnover is quite high.Andy Marino was our OL coach in 2017 under Coen before going to Harvard for 1 year and then Elon. He was replaced by Jeremy Bandy, who spent I think 6 years coaching under Gilmore at Holy Cross. He went on to become the HC at an Academy. Chris Zabroskie was Gilmore's 1st OC Coach. He coached at New Hampshire in 2016, Brown in 2017, Dartmouth in 2018, Lehigh in 2019 and was due to coach at Princeton in 2020 except that didn't have a season. I had hoped that Stadler would have broken the string but decided to go back South. It seems to be the nature of the beast as everyone except Bandy replaced someone who was coaching at another FCS school.

Side note: Besides Bandy, Kashurba, Noonan, and Di Michelle all coached for Gilmore at Holy Cross.

Just sayin