Football Schedule

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
Sundayamqb

Re: Football Schedule

Post by Sundayamqb » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:21 pm

Anyone think the virus will interrupt the season?

LUEngineer

Post by LUEngineer » Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:58 pm

I look forward to the day that we are again competitive and can schedule amines game like Lafayette, Colgate & Fordham are doing on Labor Day weekend.

We are not ready for the big time yet but nice to see us back with the 3 Ivys & Villanova & Richmond are great.

Perhaps a game at Wake Forest sometime in the next few years?
CHIP72

Post by CHIP72 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:01 pm

LU808 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:39 pm Lehigh has a solid schedule this year. I'd like to see this continue as Gilmore recruits mature. LU needs to be tested day in and day out to be hardened for the regular season and to improve our playoff consideration.
If Lehigh schedules DI-A/FBS opponents in the future, I'd prefer if they play teams in their region. Temple and Rutgers are two obvious candidate opponents. (Lafayette plays at Temple in 2022.) The two Patriot League service academies (Army and Navy) are fine, though the 2018 game against Navy that I attended was ugly. A game against Penn State would be an epic mismatch but cool. (PSU is playing Villanova this season and has a pair of games lined up against both Villanova and Delaware in the early to mid-2020s.) Teams like Syracuse, Maryland, Pitt, West Virginia, Connecticut, Buffalo, and a few others, like possibly the Ohio-based MAC schools, would be alright.