Season tickets

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
Sundayamqb

Season tickets

Post by Sundayamqb » Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:41 pm

I see season tickets are on sale. I'm debating whether to buy them.

I'm not too worried about COVID-related issues ... now.

But I do not want to invest in travel time and sit through games like the past two seasons. They were tough to watch.

What is your level of optimism that this fall we will see (at least for home games) a return to an exciting Lehigh football team with a potent offense and decent defense, hopefully be in every game with a chance to win at least half?

Go Lehigh TU Owl

Re: Season tickets

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:40 am

I don't want to get the label of the glass half full guy but this is going to be an ugly year. A 1-7 or 0-8 start is very possible. Colgate seems to be the best chance for a win to avoid going into the Georgetown game on November 13th winless. The one variable is how up to speed will be the Ivy League be given their 2 year layoff? I have a suspicion they'll be motivated and prepared for the moment. With that said, Princeton and Yale should easily beat Lehigh; Penn could be competitive?

There's serious questions at QB, OL and the coaching staff in general. Holy Cross and Fordham should be at the top of the PL this year with Bucknell as the potential 3rd wheel. The two most successful PL programs, Colgate and Lehigh are in the dumps right now. The one caveat with Colgate is Hunt was a good but not great coach so perhaps Dakosty can restore some consistency in Hamilton?

PL Predictions?
1. Holy Cross - The fruits of a great coach
2. Fordham - I think the Rams might beat HC. Tons of talent if Conlin can get them to perform for 60 minutes each week.
3. Bucknell - The defense has been surprisingly strong. Cecchini still needs to refine the offense to threaten.
4. Lafayette - Had a solid spring and ended 2019 with some momentum
5. Colgate - New coach expectations remain reasonably high. Dakosty needs to improve the OL and DL play.
6. Lehigh - I'll go with a 2-9 record
7. Georgetown - who knows?
TMH

Post by TMH » Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:40 pm

It is no secret that Go Lehigh TU Owl and I see things a bit differently on this issue but I'm more than good with that.
It's the discussion I like.

If you ask how this season will go. Neither I nor anyone else here knows enough to give you the right answer. I still strongly suggest that nothing be taken from this mess we called a spring season in the PL. Covid and it's protocol affected all programs and some more than others. The games were nothing more than glorified scrimmages to assess talent and works on needs.

Here is what I do know. In Gilmore's first season, he took a defense that was a train wreck and made it formidable very quickly. That alone should keep games close. The offense needed almost a complete rebuild and almost no time or continuity to do it due to a # of reasons. Football is a game that needs chemistry. Chemistry takes repetitions and a lot of it. If our new or one of our inherited QBs has an entire summer and fall practice season to build on, the growth curve MAY be steep. More importantly, if this group of highly rated OL prospects can learn to gel with returnees quickly, improvement will come faster. The RB group with the the addition of Hartman and Garcia may be as deep as any team in the PL. To see how how this comes together will keep me coming back this year (yes I already renewed)

My expectations for wins and losses is not that high for 2 reasons. We are taking on a pretty tough OOC schedule although I have no idea how Covid impacted the Ivies. We will also have a really young team with reportedly only 8 seniors and 2 5th years. This is now quickly becoming Gilmore's team.

Then again, I learned in college that if I expected an A on a test and actually got a B, I was really disappointed. However, if I expect a C and got the same B, I was delighted. So as a fan, I learned temper my expectations. It makes me a happier person.

Hopefully, I will see you at a game.!!
Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:18 pm

TMH wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:40 pm
Then again, I learned in college that if I expected an A on a test and actually got a B, I was really disappointed. However, if I expect a C and got the same B, I was delighted. So as a fan, I learned temper my expectations. It makes me a happier person.

Hopefully, I will see you at a game.!!
Great perspective! Thank you for your feedback.