New Football Roster

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
TMH

Re: New Football Roster

Post by TMH » Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:58 pm

LUFAN wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:12 am
Lehigh74 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:42 am I agree that Brisson’s play calling and the overall predictability of our offense has been very disappointing. However, without a reliable offense line it’s difficult to get anything done. Let’s hope that, this year, both our offensive line and the production of our offense will improve dramatically. It happened on defense, why not on offense?
Because the defensive staff was changed under Gilmore and he has a defensive mindset. The opportunity to start fresh on O was missed and until that change is made, no significant progress. The OL placed two on the PL All-Conference team last spring. Other teams were younger up front. The OL excuse is getting old. Find a way to be successful with what you have, that is what good coaches do. Any OC can be successful given top talent. Watch Lehigh’s route combinations….zero separation. Run game schemes that need a running QB yet Lehigh plays non-running QB. Red Zone creativity is abysmal. The list is long.
You and I are really not that far apart although sometimes it's tough to choose between the chicken and the egg :-)

I think I would like to take the time and put out my fairly uninformed analysis of each of the three units this coming season. I would encourage anyone to offer their opinion even if it disagrees with mine. After a year and a half of virtually nothing, I think I'm craving good discussion about Lehigh sports.

RichH

Post by RichH » Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:22 am

roster up to 90 with more returnees added
TMH

Post by TMH » Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:52 am

Could you expand on that? Who was added? Is there still a squad limit?

Transfers: Duffy is on the list but Garcia and McIntyre are not yet.

Do you have any information as to how many players have shown up on campus this summer? The cohesion has to start now. When does practice begin?

Inquiring minds want to know ? :-)
RichH

Post by RichH » Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:08 pm

Out for a bit now.
Reynolds OC. and Lewis at DB I recall off hand.
Dunno about PL roster cap.
1st week in August but I'll check when I get back.
Also have to ask on summer attendance. A lot is evident but not a real number 😂😂
RichH

Post by RichH » Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:16 pm

No answers back yet. the S&C sessions full tho