Covid Update-Football Edition

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
TMH

Covid Update-Football Edition

Post by TMH » Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:25 pm

Masks- In addition to the indoor masking requirement, masks will be required to be worn at all outdoor events and gatherings where social distancing between individuals or family groups is not possible. For any social interactions, even in outdoor settings, be mindful of social distancing and consider wearing a face mask for additional mitigation of transmission. Event organizers, including for student organizations, have the latitude to require masks at their outdoor events, and we want to reiterate and encourage implementing this health and safety measure as part of any event planning

Sundayamqb

Re: Covid Update-Football Edition

Post by Sundayamqb » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:53 pm

How would this -- practically speaking -- affect tailgaters?
TMH

Post by TMH » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:56 pm

I think the key is social distance. Lehigh BTW will be reserving 2 sections for those with a strong desire to do just that.
Hawkineer

Post by Hawkineer » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:25 pm

Based on the email that I received from the Athletic Department late yesterday, social distancing is irrelevant for the game.

“From: Lehigh Athletics <[email protected]>
Date: September 2, 2021 at 8:34:18 PM EDT

Subject: Football is BACK!
Update from Lehigh Athletics

Lehigh Football is back at Goodman Stadium this Saturday on Dog Day presented by JFR Salvage! Be there for kickoff at NOON with the whole family, dogs and all, to cheer on the Mountain Hawks! CLICK HERE to get your tickets!

Get the details for all other home events this weekend below!

With recent update from the Lehigh University COVID Response Team, masks will be required to be worn at all outdoor events, including Saturday's Football game vs Villanova.”

There does appear to be a social distancing exception to the mask requirement. Masks are mandatory inside Goodman, which Is extremely disappointing. Despite being a season ticket holder, I’ll be watching the game on ESPN+.
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:54 pm

The explosive spread of the Delta virus is extremely disappointing. But I agree with your decision to stay home. If more people resisting mask wearing stayed home, maybe the problem wouldn't be as widespread. Watching on TV works for me.
Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:13 am

Need masks that also cover our eyes to watch this team.