Princeton

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
LU808

Re: Princeton

Post by LU808 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:32 pm

The "personal vendetta" comment is unwarranted and unjustified .

Unless you have specific evidence this is inflammatory rhetoric. and should be left off the board.

Just my opinion.

RichH

Post by RichH » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:22 pm

Agree vendetta is an inappropriate description. There was clearly a rift here. A lack of effective communication between 2 very different personalities. It was not handled well to the detriment of the team.
I dont Agree That the OL is the main culprit for O ineffectiveness. Without Gurth the OL was disjointed too often. Some part of this is play calls and execution in the backfield. The offense is a confused mess. OC is great with sets, schemes, & gameplans. This is not about Xs and Os. OC moving players around playing chess with sets and player groups. All of this with young and mostly inexperienced players. Players at skill positions are dropped in for a play or 2 then out. Few get a chance to get into a rhythm. No shock that O never gets into a decent flow. These tactics work with experienced older players which he used to have. It doesnt work now.
Run an offense geared to the players you have. Adapt for them and let them mature into players you can use like chess pieces.
LUFAN

Post by LUFAN » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:32 pm

LU808 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:32 pm The "personal vendetta" comment is unwarranted and unjustified .

Unless you have specific evidence this is inflammatory rhetoric. and should be left off the board.

Just my opinion.
Thanks for sharing. The vendetta is the opinion of many closer to the program than I. Just read social media.

Maybe you should ask Brisson or Gilmore. I’m sure they would gladly confirm their vendetta. The only proof of it being personal is an irrational decision. That’s the way it works.
LUFAN

Post by LUFAN » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:43 pm

RichH wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:22 pm Agree vendetta is an inappropriate description. There was clearly a rift here. A lack of effective communication between 2 very different personalities. It was not handled well to the detriment of the team.
I dont Agree That the OL is the main culprit for O ineffectiveness. Without Gurth the OL was disjointed too often. Some part of this is play calls and execution in the backfield. The offense is a confused mess. OC is great with sets, schemes, & gameplans. This is not about Xs and Os. OC moving players around playing chess with sets and player groups. All of this with young and mostly inexperienced players. Players at skill positions are dropped in for a play or 2 then out. Few get a chance to get into a rhythm. No shock that O never gets into a decent flow. These tactics work with experienced older players which he used to have. It doesnt work now.
Run an offense geared to the players you have. Adapt for them and let them mature into players you can use like chess pieces.
With all due respect, you are giving the OC far too much credit. Drawing up plays is easy. That’s not coaching. This guy doesn’t realize that the DC is countering his schemes. I’d LOVE to prepare for this offense. For 6 straight games this team throws short passes and has no run game. Those two things together equal punts.

I agree regarding continuity. RBs all getting minimal touches. Impossible to get in rhythm. 87 isn’t targeted nearly enough. 15 is barely playing. 11 has started 6 straight games and left 5 early. Have to put kids on the field and leave then there. If they can’t finish a game, find someone who can.

Oh well. Not my problem, just my observations from afar.