Princeton

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
RichH

Princeton

Post by RichH » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:04 pm

Game notes up

CW still listed as starter :roll: :oops: :x

One must hope that is merely a ruse.

KBees

Re: Princeton

Post by KBees » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:09 pm

I can confirm that it is not a ruse.

Please file this under the category of “Irrelevant to Staff”:

From game notes:

One the biggest positives for the Mountain Hawks in the game at Richmond was Lehigh’s ability to run the football. Lehigh averaged just over 31 yards per game on the ground in the spring season and was held to minus-12 in the season opener against Villanova, but bounced back with 158 rushing yards against Richmond. Senior Alec Beesmer brought running ability to
the quarterback position and led the Mountain Hawks with 65 yards on 11 carries.
IPSY1975

Post by IPSY1975 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:26 pm

Well the elevator of competition just dropped 25 floors from Villanova and Richmond

I am expecting a competitive game Saturday...could we see a Win here??
Go Lehigh TU Owl

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:50 pm

IPSY1975 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:26 pm Well the elevator of competition just dropped 25 floors from Villanova and Richmond

I don't see it that way at all. Yale and Princeton are both legit Top 25 teams year despite not playing a game since 2019. IMO both are closer in talent to Villanova (who I think beats Richmond by 2 TDs) than the Spiders. Surace is going to want to come out send a strong message after Princeton's long hiatus. I saw a line that had Princeton -3, that's absolutely absurd! Princeton by 21-28 points.....
LU808

Post by LU808 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:09 am

The O and D lines are not so much a size mismatch v Princeton.

Should help us out running the offense.
LUFAN

Post by LUFAN » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:31 am

Go Lehigh TU Owl wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:50 pm
IPSY1975 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:26 pm Well the elevator of competition just dropped 25 floors from Villanova and Richmond

I don't see it that way at all. Yale and Princeton are both legit Top 25 teams year despite not playing a game since 2019. IMO both are closer in talent to Villanova (who I think beats Richmond by 2 TDs) than the Spiders. Surace is going to want to come out send a strong message after Princeton's long hiatus. I saw a line that had Princeton -3, that's absolutely absurd! Princeton by 21-28 points.....
No way that should happen. Not nearly as big and physical as CAA and these Ivy teams have not played in 2 years. Kids took gap years and didn’t even have normal workouts as a team. Instead of improving and competing, Lehigh is just patiently waiting for the competition to come down to their level. That should be this week.
RichH

Post by RichH » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:43 am

Looking at Tigers OL. It will be huge. As athletic and mobile as Novs. Probabl not.
owl is right Tigers will be a formidable team. Our edge is their rust. 1st game after a yeat with no games.

A question. If CW stays at starter it seems staff is looking to emphasize pass game. He has the tools for that but his ball control is atrocious.TO King.smh Guess we're counting on a sliwer game speed vs a bit lower level team than Nova to improve his game.
We have 4 very goid RBs. Why wont we build on them?
LUFAN

Post by LUFAN » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:55 am

RichH wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:43 am Looking at Tigers OL. It will be huge. As athletic and mobile as Novs. Probabl not.
owl is right Tigers will be a formidable team. Our edge is their rust. 1st game after a yeat with no games.

A question. If CW stays at starter it seems staff is looking to emphasize pass game. He has the tools for that but his ball control is atrocious.TO King.smh Guess we're counting on a sliwer game speed vs a bit lower level team than Nova to improve his game.
We have 4 very goid RBs. Why wont we build on them?
The run game opens up the pass game. The run game eats clock and keeps D fresh. The run game matters to most coaching staffs. Those four RBs with QB went for 158yds last week. I would suspect this decision comes with the Lehigh staff's assessment that Tigers are a weaker opponent.
Go Lehigh TU Owl

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:55 am

LUFAN wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:31 am

No way that should happen. Not nearly as big and physical as CAA and these Ivy teams have not played in 2 years. Kids took gap years and didn’t even have normal workouts as a team. Instead of improving and competing, Lehigh is just patiently waiting for the competition to come down to their level. That should be this week.
Princeton is no where close to Lehigh's level. Lehigh is one of the 20-30 worst teams in FCS while Princeton is fringe Top 25 at least. This should be a complete mismatch like the previous 2 weeks. The fact Princeton hasn't played in two years shouldn't impact a quality, well coached team. Hell, Georgetown was the PL's only win last week and they hadn't played since 2019 either.

Lehigh simply needs to survive this week. Colgate next Saturday is a game where they should have a legit chance to compete and win.
LUFAN

Post by LUFAN » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:49 pm

Go Lehigh TU Owl wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:55 am
LUFAN wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:31 am

Princeton is no where close to Lehigh's level. Lehigh is one of the 20-30 worst teams in FCS while Princeton is fringe Top 25 at least. This should be a complete mismatch like the previous 2 weeks. The fact Princeton hasn't played in two years shouldn't impact a quality, well coached team. Hell, Georgetown was the PL's only win last week and they hadn't played since 2019 either.

Lehigh simply needs to survive this week. Colgate next Saturday is a game where they should have a legit chance to compete and win.
We'll agree to disagree. No way you can dismiss the impact of all the kids that took gap years and the lack of chemistry it creates. I think Tigers will be mistake-prone and are not as talented at Nova or Richmond.