Colgate

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
mookie

Re: Colgate

Post by mookie » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:54 pm

I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house down...old guys threatening coaches and the AD with firings and expecting 18 - 22 year old kids to live and die with each game. Give it a rest this isn't the SEC or the NFL.

DF2002

Post by DF2002 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:37 pm

mookie wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:54 pm I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house down...old guys threatening coaches and the AD with firings and expecting 18 - 22 year old kids to live and die with each game. Give it a rest this isn't the SEC or the NFL.
I’m 40. If I’m an old man to you then I imagine you’re still a student.

And your statement is wildly reductionist. Nobody is asking these kids to live and die with each game or expects the level of commitment of professional players or players that hope to play professionally. But there’s a huge chasm between that mindset and not giving a damn. Somewhere in the middle would be an appropriate place for anybody playing any sport at any college. Even patriot league athletes.
Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:43 pm

KBees wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:07 am
LUEngineer wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:54 am What year is Beesmer? I thought he was a senior who has not exactly lit up the scoreboard over his career. Choosing another Qb to start is a coaches call & some kids can’t handle that & transfer to a place they can start.

I am looking for that high school stud QB like we have traditionally been able to recruit. It doesn’t appear we have any in the stable at this point which is a bigger concern from my perspective.
I’ll kindly set the record straight for you Engineer. A quick look at the Lehigh website would show that he was the last QB:

To throw for 200+
To have a 4Q lead in a Lehigh game
To have positive rushing yards
To lead the team to 100+ rushing yards (3x)
To throw a TD pass in first game

If you’d like more…his YPA, YPC, # Red Zone trips, # First downs, total yards per game, and much more are markedly better than all QBs dating back to beginning of 2019 season. Fact check me, please.

“Coaches call”…..I will not comment or share an opinion on the staff, but when that kid leaves the program, it might be time to take note.

With all due respect Engineer. You should gather facts before sharing an ill-informed opinions about my kid and what he can or cannot handle.

Take a look at some video and decide for yourself. https://youtu.be/3gye6PG_c4I
What happened to your kid, well, sucks. Sadly, it happens all too often -- as some of us know from personal experience, from friends or from watching sports at the high school, collegiate and professional levels.

To me what's awful is you commit to a place -- and deciding where to go to college is a big call, especially if you are a legacy with other opportunities -- and then things change (rules. coaches, expectations, etc.).

What's most important is these men go to institutions that can prepare them for the real world, focusing on academics first. Athletics MUST BE second, despite what some of us say on this board.

I hope your son ends up in a better situation all around, despite what happened with football.
IPSY1975

Post by IPSY1975 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:53 pm

KBees wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:07 am
LUEngineer wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:54 am What year is Beesmer? I thought he was a senior who has not exactly lit up the scoreboard over his career. Choosing another Qb to start is a coaches call & some kids can’t handle that & transfer to a place they can start.

I am looking for that high school stud QB like we have traditionally been able to recruit. It doesn’t appear we have any in the stable at this point which is a bigger concern from my perspective.
I’ll kindly set the record straight for you Engineer. A quick look at the Lehigh website would show that he was the last QB:

To throw for 200+
To have a 4Q lead in a Lehigh game
To have positive rushing yards
To lead the team to 100+ rushing yards (3x)
To throw a TD pass in first game

If you’d like more…his YPA, YPC, # Red Zone trips, # First downs, total yards per game, and much more are markedly better than all QBs dating back to beginning of 2019 season. Fact check me, please.

“Coaches call”…..I will not comment or share an opinion on the staff, but when that kid leaves the program, it might be time to take note.

With all due respect Engineer. You should gather facts before sharing ill-informed opinions about my kid and what he can or cannot handle.

Take a look at some video and decide for yourself. https://youtu.be/3gye6PG_c4I
A travesty

You let a good player go into "the portal" ....just great

My respect for Joe Sterret will drop 10 stories if does nothing and let's this program sink further