Demand Accountability. Letters to President Heible

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
lfnadmin

Re: Demand Accountability. Letters to President Heible

Post by lfnadmin » Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:27 pm

JAD77 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:59 pm I suggested a female wrestling team on the wrestling forum, as that is a growing sport, but the idea was not accepted favorably.
I should jump over to the wrestling forum more often. Lehigh should 100%, absolutely have a women's wrestling team. With Lehigh's wrestling legacy, our facilities, we could dominate this emerging sport at a minimal cost to athletics. JMHO.

Additionally - girls wrestling is an emerging sport in the Lehigh Valley. There are locals that could develop into bona-fide stars. I am hard-pressed to see any negatives.

Richb-3

Re: Demand Accountability. Letters to President Heible

Post by Richb-3 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:53 pm

Maybe owl will disagree, but it is a shame that we never pursued consolidation with the St Luke's Hospital system. We let Temple do it. Only 2 reasons why that would have been the natural marriage. Both schools are in the Bethlehem School District (with Bethlehem mailing addresses?) within about a 15 minute walk. And both institutions were founded on grants from Asa Packer. Instead SLUHN is affiliated with Temle.

Pa already has sufficient law schools (9). But it only has one school of Veterinarian Medicine. The nation could easily use 3 times the vets we have.