Bucknell

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
DF2002

Re: Bucknell

Post by DF2002 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:57 pm

mookie wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:25 pm Just so I'm clear on your forum rules.

You and your on line buddies can crap on Gilmore and Sterrett with impunity screaming that they be immediately fired or else you'll stop donating. But I can't make fun of your ridiculous suggestions on replacing the coach with Cecchini or Stambaugh?

Okie Dokie then.
You’re obviously not clear so let me help you out. We’re not trolling them. We’re making a case based on some obvious facts- a totally failing record in the last two years.

You don’t do that. You troll for its own sake. It’s purely snark, without anything to support it except your own contempt because you don’t like what the other person says.

DF2002

Post by DF2002 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:09 pm

lu90 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:12 pm

You and your on line buddies can crap on Gilmore and Sterrett with impunity screaming that they be immediately fired or else you'll stop donating. But I can't make fun of your ridiculous suggestions on replacing the coach with Cecchini or Stambaugh?

Okie Dokie then.
What baseline would Stambaugh or Cecchini need to surpass to not be considered a ridiculous notion? One TD? One win? <100 point scoring differential? Top 240 in Sagarin ratings? Seriously at this point many of us don't care who replaces him, it can't possibly get worse.....can it?
At this point, I’m not sure anyone could do worse than Gilmore.

I would bet good money this team is among the worst in D1-AA history. Definitionally- anyone could do that including me.
LUFAN

Post by LUFAN » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:42 pm

DF2002 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:09 pm

Okie Dokie then.
What baseline would Stambaugh or Cecchini need to surpass to not be considered a ridiculous notion? One TD? One win? <100 point scoring differential? Top 240 in Sagarin ratings? Seriously at this point many of us don't care who replaces him, it can't possibly get worse.....can it?

I would bet good money this team is among the worst in D1-AA history. Definitionally- anyone could do that including me.
Bucknell has a win. Bucknell scored a TD. Bucknell is indisputably younger, yes younger than Lehigh. (Despite the rhetoric about youth that is fed to the media)

There are 644 college football teams in this country (FBS, FCS, D2, D3). One team, yes ONE, is yet to score a TD. Lehigh ranks worst or among the worst in nearly every FCS offensive statistic. This offensive coordinator is solely to blame for this embarrassing production. He had made countless decisions that have impacted the development of the offense since 2017. Gilmore’s inability to manage this situation is unacceptable. Time for a reset.
DF2002

Post by DF2002 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:49 pm

LUFAN wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:42 pm
DF2002 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:09 pm

Bucknell has a win. Bucknell scored a TD. Bucknell is indisputably younger, yes younger than Lehigh. (Despite the rhetoric about youth that is fed to the media)

There are 644 college football teams in this country (FBS, FCS, D2, D3). One team, yes ONE, is yet to score a TD. Lehigh ranks worst or among the worst in nearly every FCS offensive statistic. This offensive coordinator is solely to blame for this embarrassing production. He had made countless decisions that have impacted the development of the offense since 2017. Gilmore’s inability to manage this situation is unacceptable. Time for a reset.
That’s even worse than I feared.

I give Sterrett the benefit of the doubt for hiring Gilmore because TG may have been the last choice and the only one to accept the offer.

I don’t give him the benefit for failing to take action even at this point in the season. When literally anyone else can do this badly, at least try to start improving the culture.
mookie

Post by mookie » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:00 am

You don’t do that. You troll for its own sake. It’s purely snark, without anything to support it except your own contempt because you don’t like what the other person says.

Correct.
DF2002

Post by DF2002 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:29 am

mookie wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:00 am You don’t do that. You troll for its own sake. It’s purely snark, without anything to support it except your own contempt because you don’t like what the other person says.

Correct.
It seems you don’t understand the difference or choose not to differentiate between trolling/ making fun and disagreement. Your choice. Just realize that many people do see those as different things so equating your trolling/“making fun (your words)” with and argument for/against canning TG or JS is going to look a lot like false equivalence.

Making fun is for kids. Your self own doesn’t make it noble.
mookie

Post by mookie » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:07 pm

That hurts my feelings.
TMH

Post by TMH » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:09 pm

LUFan

"Bucknell is indisputably younger, yes younger than Lehigh. (Despite the rhetoric about youth that is fed to the media)"

Exactly how did you come up with that assessment?

Looking at the roster, Lehigh has 9 players listed as a senior or 5th year (3 have been injured much of the season including Gurth and Haffner). Bucknell has 13. Lehigh has 8 more juniors. Sophomores and freshmen are essentially in the same class due to COVID last year.

Be honest. Both teams are managing canoes. Our opponents are navigating ocean liners. Note: Princeton has 40 seniors. Richmond has 15 players about 24 years old. Both are struggling badly. Hopefully both teams will grow from the experience.

Some how I have to believe that you will evaluate them under different lenses...just because.
HFO

Post by HFO » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:01 pm

I would have Sterrett be reimbursed by LEHIGH for mileage for a ride over to Scotty Wood Field. Have you seen the size of Muhlenberg College offensive lineman? I have no doubt this year Muhlenberg would beat Lehigh. Something not uncommon in my era at Lehigh when Muhlenberg had the great Ben Schwarzwalder there. There was a guy run out of that LEAUGE for the opposite problem. He was too good at winning that other college Presidents complained. Schwarzwaler had little Mules ranked in AP Top 20 in era of single division NCAA football.

I like Stambaugh, but I would most definitely not be upset if Nate Milne from Muhlenberg relocated to South Mountain. The guy is a winner.
LUFAN

Post by LUFAN » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:31 pm

TMH wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:09 pm LUFan

"Bucknell is indisputably younger, yes younger than Lehigh. (Despite the rhetoric about youth that is fed to the media)"

Exactly how did you come up with that assessment?

Looking at the roster, Lehigh has 9 players listed as a senior or 5th year (3 have been injured much of the season including Gurth and Haffner). Bucknell has 13. Lehigh has 8 more juniors. Sophomores and freshmen are essentially in the same class due to COVID last year.

Be honest. Both teams are managing canoes. Our opponents are navigating ocean liners. Note: Princeton has 40 seniors. Richmond has 15 players about 24 years old. Both are struggling badly. Hopefully both teams will grow from the experience.

Some how I have to believe that you will evaluate them under different lenses...just because.
Hey Einstein. Rosters are not depth charts. Compare the 2-deeps of Lehigh and Bucknell. That’s my lens. Facts, that seem to evade you. You choose to drink the kool-aid, which is fine. I’m sure 0-14 sits well with someone like you.