Bucknell

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
Richb-3

Re: Bucknell

Post by Richb-3 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:46 pm

Lehigh74 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:32 pm
Richb-3 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:50 pm After the victory today, the 97 (it looked like about 92 today) Played the Centennial Song. Normal if the full band is there, win, lose, or draw(past only).

But what was different is the cheerleaders stood, at attention. And the players, in the midst of celebrating did the same thing.

Probably means nothing, as in Goodman, the locker rooms are the opposite way from the bands seating, but I would like to think President Heible has decided to discard the crap alma mater, and replace it with an original, far better tune.
Couldn't agree more. Lehigh's Alma Mater was stolen from Cornell. Time to give that song the boot and make the Centennial Song the official Alma Mater. Also, totally agree with the inability of the coaching staff to properly evaluate and use the talent on the roster. While this team isn't great, it's a hell of a lot better then it appeared to be in the first 6 games.
Actually, the hopefully former Alma Mater was a British, Napoleonic era, drinking song. Scores of Colleges and 100s of HSs use it. Use something Unique and of High Quality.

This game just looked like a typical Beatdown of the Bison as performed, what 34 times) 1979-2018.

The day before the game I finished a book called "The last Neanderthal". Lots of talk in that book about "Bison Shit" Bison was the main course for most of these Neanderthals. (your wife would actually like you to read the book. A lot about the difficulties of H sapiens childbirth and post partum depression.)

Hawktalker

Post by Hawktalker » Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:08 pm

Interesting discussion.
From my viewpoint, Saturday's win (over an admittedly bad team) was the culmination of several weeks of progress.
If they keep getting better each week, winning out is a real possibility. Does that erase the bad football we watched the first six weeks of the season? No, but at last now the team seems headed in the right direction
Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:36 pm

Hawktalker wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:08 pm Interesting discussion.
From my viewpoint, Saturday's win (over an admittedly bad team) was the culmination of several weeks of progress.
If they keep getting better each week, winning out is a real possibility. Does that erase the bad football we watched the first six weeks of the season? No, but at last now the team seems headed in the right direction
Does this ALSO mean that the Lafayette game will REALLY mean something this year to Lehigh, which goes in as an underdog at home?

Sort of like all those years when LC would have 3-7 records coming in against a better LU team and try everything it could to win.

No, it won't be like playing with a PL title on the line, but a win would be extra special.
mookie

Post by mookie » Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:20 am

The excitement over Lehigh / Lafayette is palpable.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:12 pm

Actually, if you are one of the guys who has busted their ass all year and helped fight through one of the worst droughts I Lehigh history, and knowing that it is either the last time you will be lacing 'em up or seeing the Game as a springboard to a better 2022; yes, it is palpable to them and for anyone who supports them.