Holy Cross

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
RichH

Holy Cross

Post by RichH » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:35 pm

Notes up.

Fields listed at 1 ar WR.

CW listed at 2 behind Perri

haffner not on 2 deep

RichH

Re: Holy Cross

Post by RichH » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:35 pm

Cross 14-3 at the half. Missing the RG and RT plus Snyder. OL us shaky. Pass blocking not crisp. Both teams mistake prone today. 2nd quarter we couldnt get much right.

Tackling got sloppy in the 2nd.
We get the ball next half.
Hawkineer

Post by Hawkineer » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:08 pm

Got to love Gilmore. Post game interview he points out that five starters were out on offense. A head coach who heads right to excuses. Blah blah blah yada yada yada. I wish he would take some personal responsibility for the utter lack of discipline that contributed to the unsportsmanlike and personal foul penalties that sustained HC scoring drives and holding and procedure penalties that killed LU drives. While he should expect the players to keep their emotions under control and play with discipline, he is bitching and moaning at the officials the entire game. Heck of a role model.

Fifteen losses in a row and counting. This team has one shot at a win. If they don’t beat Bucknell, it is going to be eighteen in a row going into next year. If he is back next year, you know that it going to be for the entire season. Let’s see if the university is going to tolerate this historically pathetic era in Lehigh football for another season. If so, they can take my 2022 season tickets and stick them.
LUFAN

Post by LUFAN » Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:44 pm

Hawkineer wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:08 pm Got to love Gilmore. Post game interview he points out that five starters were out on offense. A head coach who heads right to excuses. Blah blah blah yada yada yada. I wish he would take some personal responsibility for the utter lack of discipline that contributed to the unsportsmanlike and personal foul penalties that sustained HC scoring drives and holding and procedure penalties that killed LU drives. While he should expect the players to keep their emotions under control and play with discipline, he is bitching and moaning at the officials the entire game. Heck of a role model.

Fifteen losses in a row and counting. This team has one shot at a win. If they don’t beat Bucknell, it is going to be eighteen in a row going into next year. If he is back next year, you know that it going to be for the entire season. Let’s see if the university is going to tolerate this historically pathetic era in Lehigh football for another season. If so, they can take my 2022 season tickets and stick them.
Hard to disagree with Hawk. It starts at the top. Covid was harder on Lehigh, injuries are harder on Lehigh, officials are harder on Lehigh. Sad excuses. This clown should listen to Saban press conferences and learn how to accept responsibility for his team’s successes and failures.
Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:37 pm

Over the years at Lehigh (and elsewhere I've been) coaches often have preached that stuff happens -- someone slips and falls or gets beat by a bigger, faster player -- but mental mistakes are inexcusable.

I listened to the game, and it sounded like the team played pretty well against the best or second-best team in the league for a large part of the game, but shot themselves in the foot with mental errors. There were some key pass drops, too, I guess.

Two super bowls over the next three weeks for this team. Which team will show up? The one that kept Fordham and Holy Cross close in the first half or the one that runs out of gas in the second half?
Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:00 am

Hawkineer wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:08 pm Got to love Gilmore. Post game interview he points out that five starters were out on offense. A head coach who heads right to excuses. Blah blah blah yada yada yada. I wish he would take some personal responsibility for the utter lack of discipline that contributed to the unsportsmanlike and personal foul penalties that sustained HC scoring drives and holding and procedure penalties that killed LU drives. While he should expect the players to keep their emotions under control and play with discipline, he is bitching and moaning at the officials the entire game. Heck of a role model.

My condolences on having purchased them this year.
LUFAN

Post by LUFAN » Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:11 pm

Looking at the stats. Lehigh scored 12 points on 3 drives. On those 3 drives they totaled 59 yards. Negative or zero yards rushing in 5 of 8 games. 122 total yards in a D1 football game?

Offense has been held under 150 total yards in 6 of 8 games. Red zone play calling is atrocious (HC fumbles KO, 3 rushed and a FG). Points per game and 3rd down efficiency bottom of FCS as well.

Nobody really know what Gilmore’s fate will be, but this OC cannot be retained after the season or you will all have to endure another miserable season.