NFL Exposure

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
TMH

NFL Exposure

Post by TMH » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:44 pm

There has been some chatter recently about the benefits of playing FBS schools. I suspect there is a big payday but for Patriot League schools, the downside is a fairly significant smackdown.

The thought of NFL exposure made me think of Ryan Greenhagen who in Fordham's 52-7 loss set the NCAA record for being involved in 31 tackles. This is mind boggling for me but he was in 102 tackles this year and only played in 4-1/2 games. The NCAA record is held by Luke Kuechly from Boston College with 191 in 12 games.

Ryan was hurt in the Lafayette game (5th game) and didn't return. The highest I saw him ranked however, anywhere during the season was 7th or last round. One site has him as the #1000 ranked player in the draft or a free agent.

I don't know the nature of the injury but I suspect that Ryan will take a 5th year based on everything. By that time however, the Nebraska game will be even less impactful.