COMMIT #8. Geoffrey Jamiel WR

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
RichH

COMMIT #8. Geoffrey Jamiel WR

Post by RichH » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:21 pm

Geoffrey. Jamiel. WR/SB. 5'9. 175. (PG) Deerfield Acad.
Mass
Merrimack. Valpo. Dayton. SHU
294 c, 4,029yds, 50 TD catches, 64TD total
Impressive video. Decent speed. Very quick. Excellent hands.
Highly touted in New England. Size certainly limited his appeal.
I see a WR who can get separation and catch. He can help if he can stay healthy.

TMH

Re: COMMIT #8. Geoffrey Jamiel WR

Post by TMH » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:58 pm

This young man has put up the #s. Three of those stats are MA state records and he was recently named to the MA all-decade team. Only time will tell but he could be adding some excitement to the receiving corp.

Just watched the video and if he isn't stopped at the line of scrimmage, he's almost uncoverable IMO.

Welcome aboard Geoffrey
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:40 pm

I am reminded of the "Smurfs" of the ol' Washington teams years ago. We've gotten some taller WRs in recent years, but if the guy has great speed and good hands, that's even better. Doesn't help if someone is tall but can't catch.
TMH

Post by TMH » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:28 pm

ngineer wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:40 pm I am reminded of the "Smurfs" of the ol' Washington teams years ago. We've gotten some taller WRs in recent years, but if the guy has great speed and good hands, that's even better. Doesn't help if someone is tall but can't catch.
I forgot about them. When I watched his video, I was reminded of Dave Meggett at Towson. The legs are always moving and both can change directions on a dime. The other comparison I thought of was Julian Edelman. They are about the same size and both look to be precise route runners , at least per all the scouting reports.

But alas, only time will tell how they acclimate to the college game.