COMMIT '23. Luke Henrich. QB

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
RichH

COMMIT '23. Luke Henrich. QB

Post by RichH » Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:29 am

Luke. Henrich. QB. 6'1 215. St. Joseph. Reg. NJ

Brown.
Good video. High academic. Good arm. Fast reads. Could use some better receivers. A stand up passer altho he can run.
Last season. 153/75,1032 yds,10 TDs,4 INT
253 yds r,4.9 avg

TMH

Re: COMMIT '23. Luke Henrich. QB

Post by TMH » Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:16 pm

40 yard dash - 4.69
5-10-5 shuttle - 4.5
Bench press - 185 X 16
Broad jump - 8'7"
​CFB offers - Brown
CFB teams showing interest - Coastal Carolina, Ole Miss, Kentucky, Georgia Tech, Penn, Yale, Michigan State, Vanderbilt, Florida St, Duke, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Boston College, California, Duke, Maryland, Northwestern, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Stanford, Virginia Tech & Princeton

Key words probably is "showing interest"

QB Luke Henrich
Class of 2023
St.Joseph - Montvale
(NJ)
6'1", 211
GPA - 3.92
Player notes - Top 2023 Quarterback recruit Luke Henrich throws one of the most beautiful balls you will see in the class of 2023 and exhibits stellar technique in his footwork, as well as delivery. Henrich is able to throw over the top of a defense or deliver strikes deep downfield on a rope, while also showing an innate ability at throwing his receiver open to a spot on well-timed route concepts (2nd play). His body whip in his delivery is in perfect synchronization on the air mail he sends downfield starting at :34 seconds into his 2019 highlight's and is completed almost 50 yards downfield with outstanding velocity, as well as precision. Luke is being added to The our Top 2023 QB recruit rankings at College Football Today!

Interesting comment about the wide receiving corp at St Joseph's. Isn't one of our recruits this year part of that group?
RichH

Post by RichH » Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:33 pm

I wondered why his completion % was so mediocre. Film showed me.
How well he does next season may determine whether we keep him or not.

Edited . I don't want to make individual conclusions based on a limited view of game film. Not fair and not necessarily right.
LU808

Post by LU808 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:38 pm

St. Joseph’s Montvale 2023 Quarterback Luke Henrich is a player to keep an eye on in the state of New Jersey as he brings unique arm talent when delivering throws inside/outside the pocket with an ability to be a threat as a runner. When evaluating Henrich he plays with nice feel inside the pocket and is able to keep his eyes down the field to make accurate throws despite the pressure he faces. Even when he gets outside the pocket and on the move, he’s disciplined enough to look for receivers in off-schedule throwing situations. Two thing’s that impressed me the most with Henrich was how he was able to go through his progression quickly and how he generates the necessary torque/lower half transfer into his throws. Henrich’s pocket awareness combined with him being able to get the football out on time within his progressions allows him to have success. He plays with a strong throwing base that gives him the ability to drive the football in different spots on the field. He’s mechanically sound from his footwork, to his throwing base, and to his arm slot. An under rated part of Henrich’s game is how effective of a runner he is, this puts extra stress on the defense due to the type of threat he is as a passer and runner. It’s important to note that Henrich is trained by quarterback coach Lamar McKnight, McKnight told me that Luke is, “Extremely poised which allows him to be really efficient and accurate. He can be a dangerous outside the pocket as both a passer and runner.” Overall, Luke Henrich is a quarterback that will grab plenty of colleges attentions in the near future.

http://www.hudl.com/v/2GPJw6
TMH

Post by TMH » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:20 pm

RichH wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:33 pm I wondered why his completion % was so mediocre. Film showed me.
How well he does next season may determine whether we keep him or not.

Edited . I don't want to make individual conclusions based on a limited view of game film. Not fair and not necessarily right.
Ironically, I wondered if Wimberley who had 20 c for 263 y and 1 TD lost some production by not having a good QB. We will see which evaluation emerges next season.
RichH

Post by RichH » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:47 pm

The stats are skewed somewhat by the O that SJR ran. The last few years particularly SJR has been a run heavy offense. Tilted about 2 runs to 1 pass last year.154 passes to 337 runsThe prior year it was over 4 to 1.
LUFAN

Post by LUFAN » Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:05 pm

RichH wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:47 pm The stats are skewed somewhat by the O that SJR ran. The last few years particularly SJR has been a run heavy offense. Tilted about 2 runs to 1 pass last year.154 passes to 337 runsThe prior year it was over 4 to 1.
Very strange early commit and maybe even more strange is the offer. There is nothing on that film or in the somewhat pedestrian stats that warrants an early offer. He may turn out great and mature this fall....and I am sure he is a terrific kid. Just an odd offer.